Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download

Extract to your SD card. Files should be the in /3ds/BrewMan/ directory.

Core Features:
  • Homebrew repository hosted on Github so there is little chance of the app dying in the future
  • HTTPS support, handles SSL encryption so hosted files can be on Github releases (or elsewhere)
  • Supports archive formats for extraction/installation: *.tar.(xz|bz2|gz) *.zip *.rar *.7z
  • Github repository has PR whitelist so that homebrew authors can modify their own app and instantly have it merged to make updates easier to distribute
  • Nice UI
  • Managable download queue
  • Up to 5 screenshots so users can see before downloading

Last edited by TheCruel,

Saiyan Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This will be released in a week or so. Making the thread to generate hype ;)

Core Features:
  • Homebrew repository hosted on Github so there is little chance of the app dying in the future
  • HTTPS support, handles SSL encryption so hosted files can be on Github releases (or elsewhere)
  • Supports archive formats for extraction/installation: *.tar.(xz|bz2|gz) *.zip *.rar *.7z
  • Github repository has PR whitelist so that homebrew authors can modify their own app and instantly have it merged to make updates easier to distribute
  • Will have nice UI (being worked on now)
  • Managable download queue (also in the works)
  • Up to 4 screenshots so users can see before downloading
Example config.yml
Code:
title: DrawAttack
author: Cruel
version: 1.1
description: "Online drawing game"
long-description: "Online drawing game similar to Pictionary. One player is selected to draw a random word while everyone tries to guess what is being drawn. 2-16 player."
file: https://github.com/Cruel/DrawAttack/releases/download/1.1/DrawAttack-1.1-3dsx.zip
filesize: 1288813
file-md5: 6859eb32f4e1309ae743e8f2f812566c
screenshots:
- "https://i.imgur.com/eMOZ5MT.jpg"
- "https://i.imgur.com/1L9e6OL.png"
So does this Mean I Could turn 3dsx files to Cia??

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I likey! I also likey how the recommend video after is can humans breed with pokemon. These damn furies have been injecting my computer. Question. Will you be planning on allowing developers to charge for their apps and for security measures implement some anti piracy or teach devs how to implement some anti piracy measure?

Guantanamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Awesome. This could be normalized as a downloader and installer for all homebrews I think. Very cool even if it's beta. Good continuation bro !!

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you be planning on allowing developers to charge for their apps and for security measures implement some anti piracy or teach devs how to implement some anti piracy measure?
No. The only guide for devs I'll have is on how to add/update their apps in the repo. The download process won't be any more complicated than that. The config file is pretty straight forward, but the installer is a bit strict on where devs can put files. I even have a github PR bot that will perform verification on files people attempt to put them on the repo. This verification is also a stand-alone python script that devs can use on their config file to make sure it's good. This is necessary to avoid people doing weird or malicious things like: changing their file archive after it's in the repo (it performs a checksum on it) or putting files in the archive to install outside their game directory to contaminate other game directories. If any games need files installed outside the game directory, it won't be able to be whitelisted and I (or another person with repo control) will have to manually check it.

So I'm giving devs ability to control the repo ideally without breaking stuff. You can imagine how it could screw up everyone if someone did something like upload a game icon with 100MB padded data just so that everyone syncing the repo would have to download it, or something else that could crash the app.

Before release, I will have to implement auto-updating. So I'll have a separate repo that the app checks to update itself first. That way if anything ever goes terribly wrong with the general app repo, I could even just purge it and update the app at launch to use a backup repo or something. I don't plan on anything going wrong lol, but I coded stuff to help prevent it.

Though I did have thoughts on turning this into a homebrew launcher replacement. Then people could boot homebrew directly with it and it could fetch app updates in the background and inform you if there are new apps or updates to existing ones, much like other mobile OSs.

Last edited by TheCruel,

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country

This will be released in a week or so. Making the thread to generate hype ;)

Core Features:
  • Will have nice UI (being worked on now)
  • Managable download queue (also in the works)
  • Up to 4 screenshots so users can see before downloading
Example config.yml
Code:
title: DrawAttack
author: Cruel
version: 1.1
description: "Online drawing game"
long-description: "Online drawing game similar to Pictionary. One player is selected to draw a random word while everyone tries to guess what is being drawn. 2-16 player."
file: https://github.com/Cruel/DrawAttack/releases/download/1.1/DrawAttack-1.1-3dsx.zip
filesize: 1288813
file-md5: 6859eb32f4e1309ae743e8f2f812566c
screenshots:
- "https://i.imgur.com/eMOZ5MT.jpg"
- "https://i.imgur.com/1L9e6OL.png"

I can't wait for release!

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Though I did have thoughts on turning this into a homebrew launcher replacement. Then people could boot homebrew directly with it and it could fetch app updates in the background and inform you if there are new apps or updates to existing ones, much like other mobile OSs.

Oh yes this would be sweet

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
looks like this will be used alot if it is able to download avalable updates like the mashers gridlauncher update app and has all the files needed to run the homebrew... (idk if retroarch bios files would be legal in this case but, a riolu can always hope) and will this be in cia format for cia only apps in the future?

Last edited by DarkRioru,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup