Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

FrantzX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone managed to get the voice patch working on the PC version of the game?

Worked just fine for me. Played the entire of Ao with the PC/Chinese version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Controller input works fine when I just run the regular exe. It only breaks when I use the hook. My config file is fine too. I even let it make a new one just to be sure.

Same here.

trailsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocyBI89

The tool crash when try to writing / build the new iso. I also tried to run as admin.
https://imgur.com/ocyBI89
BUMP

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering 2 things off this...

Is the detective notebook translated?

And I also had heard elsewhere that if you take a different path from Kitsune's spreadsheet for bonding events that the text for those paths are machine translated.

I may start this up soon so I just wanted to know what everyone's experiences have been with the August 6th patch, thanks!

Last edited by supermist,

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I very shoddily inserted machine translated notebook log and that is in the patch. It's basically just good enough that you can piece together where you need to go and who you need to talk to and maybe why. Just enough to not need to reference a guide, which is better than nothing.

2. Correct. Anything Kitsune did not translate is machine translated. That includes anything that deviates from what paths he took in bonding events and even in just single text trees when you get to choose an option.

I've been having a blast with it, although playing very slowly.

Drogean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't read that. What does the error message say?

You probably forgot to quote the filepaths with " in the command line, anyways.

@Frantz hey im trying to use your tool to inject the PC HD texture .it3 files into the PSP version. Not sure if it will work but i figured its worth trying rather than trying to dump and inject via ppsspp

I replaced all the .it3 texture files using your tool and repacked it , no errors, no problems, however when i go ingame i can't see any changes.

got python 3 installed and verified the data list is being generated

any ideas for a workaround or insight as to what might be happening? crazy yo think im literally putting the PC files into the game but the low res textures still show up

Last edited by Drogean,

FrantzX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Frantz hey im trying to use your tool to inject the PC HD texture .it3 files into the PSP version. Not sure if it will work but i figured its worth trying rather than trying to dump and inject via ppsspp

I replaced all the .it3 texture files using your tool and repacked it , no errors, no problems, however when i go ingame i can't see any changes.

got python 3 installed and verified the data list is being generated

any ideas for a workaround or insight as to what might be happening? crazy yo think im literally putting the PC files into the game but the low res textures still show up

There is nothing in my tool that will inject texture files into the .iso file. The only files my tool touches are the files shown when the tool runs. It would not be hard to add that functionality, however.

Reactions: Drogean

Drogean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing in my tool that will inject texture files into the .iso file. The only files my tool touches are the files shown when the tool runs. It would not be hard to add that functionality, however.

i think i have a feeling as to what might be going on.

I did a similar project with Ys Seven where i replacted the texture files in the USA version with the original HD chinese version ones, and found that falcom uses some kind of texture caching system that needs to be deleted before it actually falls back on and reads the .it3 texture files located in their respective folders - which is why even after replacing all the texture files... the original ones still show.

I have a feeling I found the files too - they are located in the ISO\PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data\cclm\map4 directory. labeled as .mc3 and .mc2 files

if I delete these and repack the game , when you load a level it will go into a "now loading" screen and stay there forever.

Now in the PC version of Ys i worked with, when these similiar files were deleted, it was smart enough to fall back on the "live" texture files in the .it3 files but it seems like the PSP is just dumb and doesn't have that functionality

i guess im SOL, but maybe this helps somebody in the future trying to swap texture .it3 files between different game versions/ports since it seems to be a running theme for how Falcom programs its games

Last edited by Drogean,

FrantzX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i have a feeling as to what might be going on.

I did a similar project with Ys Seven where i replacted the texture files in the USA version with the original HD chinese version ones, and found that falcom uses some kind of texture caching system that needs to be deleted before it actually falls back on and reads the .it3 texture files located in their respective folders - which is why even after replacing all the texture files... the original ones still show.

I have a feeling I found the files too - they are located in the ISO\PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data\cclm\map4 directory. labeled as .mc3 and .mc2 files

if I delete these and repack the game , when you load a level it will go into a "now loading" screen and stay there forever.

Now in the PC version of Ys i worked with, when these similiar files were deleted, it was smart enough to fall back on the "live" texture files in the .it3 files but it seems like the PSP is just dumb and doesn't have that functionality

i guess im SOL, but maybe this helps somebody in the future trying to swap texture .it3 files between different game versions/ports since it seems to be a running theme for how Falcom programs its games

Of course that won't work. You need to zero out the file references in the .mc3 & .mc2 files that refer to the altered .it3 files. Then you need to update the data.lst with the new sector location and file size for earch new .it3 file.

https://github.com/FrantzX/CrossbellTranslationTool/blob/master/Actions.Build.cs

Take a look at the section labeled ''#region PSP ISO Methods" for how I handle all this.

Drogean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course that won't work. You need to zero out the file references in the .mc3 & .mc2 files that refer to the altered .it3 files. Then you need to update the data.lst with the new sector location and file size for earch new .it3 file.

Take a look at the section labeled ''#region PSP ISO Methods" for how I handle all this.

thanks for the link. i'm not a programmer so i can't really understand any of that stuff just a dude who likes to mod and knows a bit of scripting.

Its ok though, i'll just play the PSP version while i wait for the next falcom PC game to come out

Last edited by Drogean,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
FYI: I'm planning to MTL Sen3 whenever decrypted data can be extracted from PS4 titles.
It probably also uses the same script format as the older game, and the serialized PhyreEngine asset data may just need a endian switch.

NautilusGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Controller input works fine when I just run the regular exe. It only breaks when I use the hook. My config file is fine too. I even let it make a new one just to be sure.
Late but i recommend using "joytokey" with the bindings in the attached pic and then experiment with the settings in the second one for "diagonal" input.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    9 KB · Views: 351
  • 2diagonal.png
    2diagonal.png
    13 KB · Views: 324

ripint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone played around with inserting files into Ao Evolution? I've been trying my hand at replacing the BGM with the original soundtrack (PSP) but attempting patches and rebuilding PSARC files isn't giving me too much luck.

Sabil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Has anyone played around with inserting files into Ao Evolution? I've been trying my hand at replacing the BGM with the original soundtrack (PSP) but attempting patches and rebuilding PSARC files isn't giving me too much luck.

A member was able to do this on SC Evo, but I don't know if I should mention his name.

Maybe if you e-mail snkfcevo.eng<at>gmail<dot>com (with symbols) he will help you.

ripint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some weird sprite bugs (PSP) - I am seeing some character sprites not showing up, or having Noel appear instead of Dudley, etc. Any ideas?

currently running into this emulating on PPSSPP, wondering if anyone has a fix.

trailsfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly this tool doesnt work properly because when i modify the PSP iso i cant run on my PS3. I think the error related to eboot.bin. Every Trails game (include the translated Zero no Kiseki and the original, japanese Ao no Kiseki too) work great on my Ps3, except this one :(

Jica

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, i have a question..

How to merge new translation tool with ils patch 13 august in front page?
I am stuck at fishing battle because it suddenly crash everytime..
I read in page 17-18 that we can solve this problem by translation tool.. but theres no explanation about how to do that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0