OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
New release: 0.2

You can now download the torrent files directly instead of your torrent client opening. Great for users who don't have a torrent client or who can't install them because of the computer they're using.

The display of messages and pop up alerts is probably screwed up because of how I have restructured the program. If you see something that could be improved or is a bug (about messages or otherwise) please let me know.

Sometimes the status window will look frozen for a bit before suddenly filling with all the progress bars - don't worry if that happens, it's still doing stuff (you can open log.txt in baretail, if I haven't stuffed up the logging too much you should be able to see what's happening). If this does happen though I'd appreciate you letting me know (by clicking 'Report a problem' best because it will also send your log file to me), because it's hard to reproduce it doing this consistently. Also, if you're a Java guru who understands synchronisation, and you want to help me fix it, I WILL LOVE YOU.

Download from https://github.com/quantumcat1/A9LH-Guide-File-Downloader/releases/tag/v0.2

I'm rewriting the OP since there has been some progress.

First release is at https://github.com/quantumcat1/A9LH-Guide-File-Downloader/releases/tag/v0.1 and some latest bugfixes are at http://quantumc.at/AGFD.jar (download from here if you want to test it).

This program lets you select the page of the guide you are on and your console type, and download the files associated. It will extract anything that needs to be extracted and save it to the right path. Magnet links will be opened in your torrent client. A message will tell you what you need to do for any file that isn't saved to the right place already.

Info about the pages and files are kept on a database and fetched by the program. It is kept updated by a scraper. The scraper is currently based off my fork of the guide since it required some small additions. Currently I'm getting notifications on guide commits, then I merge it and run the scraper to get any changes to files linked. In future I will make a pull request to the guide to add my additions and new commits will directly trigger the scraper, instead of me needing to do a merge. This way it will stay updated automatically, forever.

This is what it currently looks like:
Capture.PNG

This is what it will look like in the future, thanks to the GUI created by @Olmectron who has also been very helpful with testing:
Capture2.PNG

Last edited by Quantumcat,

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
As an end user who's already a9lh'd 3 consoles, this would have been a great help. I don't get lost with the guide because it's pretty straightforward and I'm alright with English, but other people not so much, and removing a step where they could get lost in translation (search, download and placing of files) would help enormously to these people.

Simplifying and translating the guide are both a must in order to stop people from moving to other guides (yakara Colombia, etc) which can and will get obsolete really quick, and might and actually have bricked consoles before because of them being obsolete (and even some file tampering by some of these youtubers).

If, as you say, this program of yours can't actually get a file wrong, nor misplace it, I believe the possibility of brick could actually decrease since a lot of mishaps during a9lh setup are caused by wrong file downloads or placement.

I just say all of this before someone jumps at your neck for trying to do something like this, accusing you of trying to brick people's consoles or something.

I'm not home right now but when I get there I'll try to build it and test it with a blank SD.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just received a bunch of error reports, unfortunately the name was blank as well as the message, and the log file is identical to the one I sent myself for testing. So, if that's you, please send me a message because I think the error reporting code on my webpage isn't working :-s

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright! It works!!! :yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to download specific folders from one section? For example, I'm not sure exactly what was in the 'data input' folder. Maybe it would be better if the files were in their specific folders so I could organize them.

upload_2017-2-20_16-44-52.png

Last edited by 3than_H,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright! It works!!! :yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds::yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to download specific folders from one section? For example, I'm not sure exactly what was in the 'data input' folder. Maybe it would be better if the files were in their specific folders so I could organize them.

View attachment 78972
Ideally it should put stuff into the right folders for you, and where it doesn't it should give you a message telling you what to do. I will work on fixing that this afternoon. Thanks for the test :-))))))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.