Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, let me get this straight: someone is willing to attempt DS emulation on 3DS, something that's supposed to be nigh impossible, but no one's even trying to create multiplayer functionality for any DS emulator for PC, something that's at least a little bit more plausible? Am I missing something here, or am I doomed to never be able to trade a Dialga from Diamond over to Pearl?
I think what you're missing is the fact that they're very different things.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

So, let me get this straight: someone is willing to attempt DS emulation on 3DS, something that's supposed to be nigh impossible, but no one's even trying to create multiplayer functionality for any DS emulator for PC, something that's at least a little bit more plausible? Am I missing something here, or am I doomed to never be able to trade a Dialga from Diamond over to Pearl?
That's already possible

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tut-how-to-enable-wifi-on-desmume-v0-9-7.932128/
You beat me too it lol

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That actually got me thinking: when this evolves to the point where it is pretty much all working and stable (on N3DS I meant) do you think it could be possible to add the option of playing online without needing a WEP/Open network (so using a WPA/WPA2 one) if even possible to add the online play?
Like idk, somehow connecting using the normal 3ds connection but making it think it's a WEP/Open network?
That's one thing that is incredibly annoying as the I had to switch to a gigabit router with 5Ghz WI-FI and that does not have to option of creating a guest network like my old one did so I can either set my main connection to WEP/Open or forget it.

AmazinDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2016-6-10_22-21-35.png

Icon v3 is out! download png by right clicking and using the left mouse button to click the save as button

Reactions: Deleted User

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
So for some reason I have to run my o3ds under dev2 menu settings with the config app taken off a panda unit to run a rom that worked just fine before. I think this emulator sucks up all the ram the o3ds has to offer it so I have to run mine under dev2 settings to give it 80mb of ram.

AmazinDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for some reason I have to run my o3ds under dev2 menu settings with the config app taken off a panda unit to run a rom that worked just fine before. I think this emulator sucks up all the ram the o3ds has to offer it so I have to run mine under dev2 settings to give it 80mb of ram.
did it make it faster tho and give tuttyroial pls

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh my only main reason for wantinf to play ds roms is so i can patch games so i can play online again this won't be able to do that though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D