[WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by shutterbug2000, Jun 9, 2016.

1. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    if it's based off of desmume or another emulator it's not a hypervisor. but an emulator. but if the cpu architecture is close enough less work has to be made in recompile, I think?

you know of nintendon't to play gamecube games on Wii or Wii U (in wii mode though)

wireless controllers and virtual memorycards, the benefits om emulation but it's not emulation. and you only need one console not 3!

2. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
    If you want to know how he realized that video of the MKDS demo he probably streamed the demo from the wii using the ds mode.

3. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    You really think that? because the demo normally uses bottom screen and top screen not just one screen, also what app would you use to stream it to the ds then?

jackb994 likes this.
  4. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    By the power of movie maker.
    Video's don't proof anything. (Like those 3DS emulators on youtube)

5. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    Stop hs and just wait guys

6. ElyosOfTheAbyss

Aug 20, 2015
    I was talking about streaming the game to the ds not a movie, you should really read the post I quoted

7. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
  8. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    I did read it.
    1. Record the desmume emulator on PC
    2. Record your 3DS for a while
    3. Use movie maker and place your recorded footage on the topscreen of the 3DS
    4. Say you invented DS emulation
    5. ...
    6. Profit

I will not belive this unless he posts a github

Last edited by Trolling, Jun 9, 2016
    Xiphiidae likes this.
  9. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Cool and Epic

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Or just use LPP-3DS and convert the video to a JPGV.

10. ElyosOfTheAbyss

Aug 20, 2015
    once again, I'm not saying it's real or fake, I was asking how you would transfer a game from wii to 3ds without nintendo channel

11. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    Am i the only one who Loves the shenanigans going on here.

TinchoX likes this.
  12. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    As others have said, this is a port of an emulator so all the hardware will be being emulated for now. However, I would assume that the optimisation process would involve rewriting parts of the original desmume source so it uses real hardware rather than emulating it. I'm guessing this would require CFW though as user-mode homebrew has much more limited access to the hardware.

13. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    People please let him work.We would know with time that if it is fake or real.
    Instead of helping him why is everyone here trying to prove that this is fake?

Last edited by Kartik, Jun 9, 2016
  14. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Cool and Epic

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, but we could also know right now if he would just release the source or an alpha build. :sleep:

Xiphiidae likes this.
  15. Kartik

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    If he releases it and it does not work correctly , there would a thousand threads on gbatemp asking for help

16. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Then perhaps he could have waited to make a thread until he had proof.

GalladeGuy likes this.
  17. Kartik

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    He wanted help.. you know no one would have even thought of helping him if he had not written that he is working on a ds emulator

18. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
    Do you know why he's not getting any help? Because he posted five lines of random C code that can or cannot have problems depending on the remaining 10.000 lines that a project like porting desmume would require.

It is like posting a random line from your novel and asking on a forum: "do you know why my novel's ending chapter disappointed so many readers?"

19. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    Earth's Bottle of Death.
    Props to you @shutterbug2000. I'm willing to believe in you seeing as you've got a good track record as a dev who's made some innovative apps and whatnot on the brew scene. Keep up the good work!:yay3ds:

Kartik and Riyaz like this.
  20. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Again, perhaps it would have been better to wait until he had proof before making a thread. If he wanted substantial help then it would have been good to show that he has made progress already, as well as to provide a proof of concept in itself.

It's maddening that people on this forum seem to be suggesting or implying that scepticism is equivalent to harassment. Is it so wrong to want people to back themselves up when they make claims like this?

On topic: While I am somewhat sceptical of this, I would honestly like to proven wrong. However, if it does end up being true, then while it would be impressive, I have my doubts about whether it will be possible to get DS games running at a performance that would compare to or rival flash cards.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Jun 9, 2016
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted