Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How's the progress ?
really looking forward to it to be perfected
I don't even think that this emulator will be working with playable speeds. The minimum system requirements for DesMuMe are these:
  • 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
  • RAM: 1 GB
And when I tried to play some DS games on my old laptop (that was 3-5 years ago) it lagged really, really hard.
And you can just buy flashcard for like $5, so it isn't that much (unlike 3DS flashcards).
But it's nice that emulator like this is developed. It just proves how much potential is within the New 3DS and homebrew community.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one replying for those Questions. I hope we believe on them let things go easy. Someday we will be playing it.
My efforts are on the Vita port, but I can make some updates to this along the way. I think I can make a small optimization that will give 1-2 more frames, fix saving and add a rom selector.

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even think that this emulator will be working with playable speeds. The minimum system requirements for DesMuMe are these:
  • 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
  • RAM: 1 GB
And when I tried to play some DS games on my old laptop (that was 3-5 years ago) it lagged really, really hard.
And you can just buy flashcard for like $5, so it isn't that much (unlike 3DS flashcards).
But it's nice that emulator like this is developed. It just proves how much potential is within the New 3DS and homebrew community.

There's huge differences between how a PC works and how a console works. Especially in terms of how the hardware gets utilised. While what you say is probably true about it ever reaching playable speeds, I don't think it'll be as far away as what you're implying though.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's huge differences between how a PC works and how a console works. Especially in terms of how the hardware gets utilised. While what you say is probably true about it ever reaching playable speeds, I don't think it'll be as far away as what you're implying though.
Also, iirc Drastic (which is a DeSmume port) can run very well a lot of DS games on 600MHz cellphones.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, iirc Drastic (which is a DeSmume port) can run very well a lot of DS games on 600MHz cellphones.

To the best of my knowledge, Drastic is not a DeSmume port. Drastic was made by Exophase, and it is extremely well optimized and designed. The original version was made for the rather weak Pandora, so it had to be made to function on low-end hardware (Hence the tons of optimization that Exophase did). DeSmume just isn't designed like that. It was made for PCs with an abundance of resources and power, so it suffers greatly on low-end hardware.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To the best of my knowledge, Drastic is not a DeSmume port. Drastic was made by Exophase, and it is extremely well optimized and designed. The original version was made for the rather weak Pandora, so it had to be made to function on low-end hardware (Hence the tons of optimization that Exophase did). DeSmume just isn't designed like that. It was made for PCs with an abundance of resources and power, so it suffers greatly on low-end hardware.
Is Drastic open source?

PikaMasterJesi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokebeach.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if I'm asking in the right place, but I've been trying to get 3DeSmuME working and it isn't quite working. I'm using the version with ROM select and am trying to play Ace Attorney: Justice for All (which is named game.nds on my microSD), and I can get to the ROM select screen and everything, but when I select my ROM, a bunch of hard-to-read purple text comes up on the bottom screen before it all just goes to black screens and promptly does nothing afterwards. Do the ROMs just take a long time to load? I'm running at 11.0.0-33U on the New 3DS XL and using menuhax if that helps. If anyone could help me get this up and running, I'd greatly appreciate it, because I'm hoping to play the Ace Attorney series on my 3DS for an upcoming road trip. ^v^

(Before anyone asks or calls me out for not bothering to use a flashcart, I actually do own one, but it only works on my 2004 DS and I'm hoping to make everything available on my 3DS.)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm asking in the right place, but I've been trying to get 3DeSmuME working and it isn't quite working. I'm using the version with ROM select and am trying to play Ace Attorney: Justice for All (which is named game.nds on my microSD), and I can get to the ROM select screen and everything, but when I select my ROM, a bunch of hard-to-read purple text comes up on the bottom screen before it all just goes to black screens and promptly does nothing afterwards. Do the ROMs just take a long time to load? I'm running at 11.0.0-33U on the New 3DS XL and using menuhax if that helps. If anyone could help me get this up and running, I'd greatly appreciate it, because I'm hoping to play the Ace Attorney series on my 3DS for an upcoming road trip. ^v^

(Before anyone asks or calls me out for not bothering to use a flashcart, I actually do own one, but it only works on my 2004 DS and I'm hoping to make everything available on my 3DS.)
Use this instead: https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME/releases/tag/v0.1

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat