WinXp That Looks Like Vista

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tempers, I was wondering if any of you could help me find an answer to this question of mine. A little while ago my friend had told me that he had picked up a PC tips magazine to read on his plane ride and that he had seen an article that explained how to get a computer running on a Windows XP OS to look like it was running on Windows Vista. The Windows XP OS would still be there and everything but the outward appearance of the OS would look exactly like Vista's appearance. Has anyone encountered this or attempted this OS makeover? Was my bud bullshittin' me?

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, thanks!

One last question, since I know Vista requires a high video card to run, does the same apply to this Transformation Pack? Are there options to have it run at a lower graphic setting? Also, the Mac-like bar across the bottom (I forget what it's called) isn't part of Vista is it? If not, where can I find that "add-on" (if that's even what it is... [unless you ARE running a Mac, then...CONFUZZLED!])?

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The vista sidebar takes up the most memory and may cause slowdowns, but it other than that, the transformation pack doesn't effect anything. You should be able to use it with no problems.

Oh, and the bar at the bottom is called RocketDock. Everything shown is running on Windows XP, I only used it to clean up my desktop a bit
smile.gif
. It doesn't come with the Transformation pack...

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GNOME (H-K theme, of course) + Beryl = Vista just got raped. Linux only for life, I used to use Windowsblinds when I had Winsuxs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs