Homebrew Wintendos Xp - Related to Windendos vista>?

Edboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard somewhere that there is gonna be a wintendos vista and I just want to know if that dude was just being a douche or not if there's not there should be a wintendos vista.

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do all these idiots come from? It's not windows, it's just a piece of homebrew that looks like windows. We'll never get .exe working on ds lol.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Vista use a GB of ram at a time on a PC?
Theres no way Vista would ever run on a DS/DSi.
Things happening before Vista on DS/DSi:
Hell Freezing
Pigs Flying (*shoots anyone thinking about saying the word "Swine Flu"*)
Universe Exploding
And Jack Thomson enjoying playing and saying positive comments about an M rated game.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
well I got it to run with 512MB

but anyway theres still no way its ever going to run
unless the DS suddenly gets upgraded to a netbook or something...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The whole wintendos project is crap i mean it has nothing just a windows like gui with
1.notepad
2.calculator
3.shitty sd explorer(my computer)
4.minesweeper

Wintendows Vista will never be made
But if you really want a good windows gui on the ds wait for menudo as its incredable skinning could make it like vista but never except windows to be ported on the ds

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
RiderLeangle said:

Got it to run on 368MB >_> Strange isn't it

QUOTE(rockstar99 @ May 7 2009, 01:24 AM)
The whole wintendos project is crap i mean it has nothing just a windows like gui with
1.notepad
2.calculator
3.shitty sd explorer(my computer)
4.minesweeper

Wintendows Vista will never be made
But if you really want a good windows gui on the ds wait for menudo as its incredable skinning could make it like vista but never except windows to be ported on the ds
It was made to be a windows-like gui... nothing more.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
God I hope not. To put something so horrible and f'ugly looking (I know it's not the OS, just a look a like. Seriously, Windows looks horrid. WHY IN GODS NAME DO YOU WANT YOUR DS TO LOOK LIKE A PILE OF SHIT SPEWED FROM THE DEPTS OF HELL ITSELF!?) on your DS is stupid. I hope the creators of WindowDS (or whatever they like to call it) burn to their death.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why the crap would anyone want stupid windoze on thier ds when they can have linux. why would anyone want a windoze on their computer when they can have linux?

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
why the crap would anyone want stupid windoze on thier ds when they can have linux. why would anyone want a windoze on their computer when they can have linux?

Not everyone wants to go through the hassle of learning Linux...unless you're a real geek/anti-windows, it isn't worth it.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
It's not Windows >_> It's a GUI program that's based off the style of windows and imho KDE4 was made in the image of Windows 7 and vice-versa.

Amak said:
QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 8 2009, 01:53 PM) why the crap would anyone want stupid windoze on thier ds when they can have linux. why would anyone want a windoze on their computer when they can have linux?

Not everyone wants to go through the hassle of learning Linux...unless you're a real geek/anti-windows, it isn't worth it.
And not true, It can be entirely worth it, using Linux completely bypasses NT File Security and is perfect for recovering files after a Windows reinstallation that blocked you out of private folders due to the ACL. Also Linux is becoming more and more user friendly, the only people who think that learning linux is a hassle are the ones who have only tried the server versions and versions without X and a Window/Desktop manager pre-installed. It's also more flexible than windows and with the creation of WINE, windows programs can even execute inside Linux and not through PC emulation. Before you brand linux as Anti-Windows/GeekOS please do your research, try Ubuntu using Wubi which installs Ubuntu onto your computer like a Windows App which you reboot and select Ubuntu from the Windows Boot Menu and uninstall it like another program. It's quite simple.

In Fact, I should reboot and finish my Windows Ubuntu install so I can run Warcraft 3 finally (Windows 7 won't run it)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowEO said:
Joe88 said:
RiderLeangle said:

Got it to run on 368MB >_> Strange isn't it
it should block the vista install if it detects anything lower then 512MB

Spartan A24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowEO said:
Findecanno said:
It's not Windows >_> It's a GUI program that's based off the style of windows and imho KDE4 was made in the image of Windows 7 and vice-versa.

Amak said:
QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 8 2009, 01:53 PM) why the crap would anyone want stupid windoze on thier ds when they can have linux. why would anyone want a windoze on their computer when they can have linux?

And not true, It can be entirely worth it, using Linux completely bypasses NT File Security and is perfect for recovering files after a Windows reinstallation that blocked you out of private folders due to the ACL. Also Linux is becoming more and more user friendly, the only people who think that learning linux is a hassle are the ones who have only tried the server versions and versions without X and a Window/Desktop manager pre-installed. It's also more flexible than windows and with the creation of WINE, windows programs can even execute inside Linux and not through PC emulation. Before you brand linux as Anti-Windows/GeekOS please do your research, try Ubuntu using Wubi which installs Ubuntu onto your computer like a Windows App which you reboot and select Ubuntu from the Windows Boot Menu and uninstall it like another program. It's quite simple.

In Fact, I should reboot and finish my Windows Ubuntu install so I can run Warcraft 3 finally (Windows 7 won't run it)
So the only reason we should use Linux is because it's just like Windows? You know what's also just like Windows? Windows! Also, the thing about the file security and private folder, all you need to do is download Ultimate Windows Tweaker, turn on the "Take Ownership" option in the right click menu, and use that to access secure files. Just yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 7, and I used this tool to delete all the programs left over from the old install (I have my OS and Programs in separate partitions) because for some reason, the old Windows 7 install's admin still had ownership.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spartan A24 said:
ShadowEO said:
Findecanno said:

Amak said:

So the only reason we should use Linux is because it's just like Windows? You know what's also just like Windows? Windows! Also, the thing about the file security and private folder, all you need to do is download Ultimate Windows Tweaker, turn on the "Take Ownership" option in the right click menu, and use that to access secure files. Just yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 7, and I used this tool to delete all the programs left over from the old install (I have my OS and Programs in separate partitions) because for some reason, the old Windows 7 install's admin still had ownership.
Linux is nothing like windoze. the only reason why some linuxs behave similar to windows to to make them more user friendly for people who are used to windoze. Ubuntu linux is much easier to install than windoze xp and just as easy to learn.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spartan A24 said:
"Take Ownership" doesn't work all the time and I'm not talking about secure system files. I too use Windows 7 but I also use Ubuntu, It is not a Anti-Windows OS and never has been, it's just been so that people could modify the core however they want and re-release it. Do some research and you'll see that it was never a Anti-Windows OS but more of an Anti-Unix OS, It was originally created so that people had a free alternative to the commercial Unix of the time, not to compete with windows, People are distorting the truth by telling you that it's an Anti-MS OS. And I never said that you should use Linux because it's just like Windows. I simply said that It's more simple than you make it out to be and suggested that you try it before you go and knock it. Also I don't need Tweak UI because I know how to do my own registry tweaks thank you very much.

Now I shall take my leave and go play around with VB.NET and C#.net 2005. Goodbye...
QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 9 2009, 07:55 AM) Linux is nothing like windoze. the only reason why some linuxs behave similar to windows to to make them more user friendly for people who are used to windoze. Ubuntu linux is much easier to install than windoze xp and just as easy to learn.
Thanks forgot to say that... >_>

Edboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that there is never gonna be a vista on DS and I know that Wintendos Xp isn't really XP, I'm Saying that will they just edit wintendos XP and make the taskbar vista like & stuff. Cuz I know that DS will never ever EVER have enough RAM.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to completely recompile it from source with the Vista-ish bitmaps in place of the XP images, either that or find a resource editor that supports NDS (afaik there is none)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr