Winrar 'unexpected end of archive' problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by rayjay, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011
  1. rayjay
    OP

Member rayjay GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've recently discovered a very strange problem with my Winrar. Whenever I try to download something from Megaupload, the download starts and then immediately ends and gives me the 'unexpected end of archive' error.
    The strange part is that if I download something from any other service e.g Mediafire, filesonic, it's perfectly fine and downloads with no trouble.
    Does anyone know what's going on?

2. NReale3370

Member NReale3370 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That sounds like more like a problem downloading than a winrar problem. What browser/addons/plugins are you using? As an aside 7zip unrars, is fully free, and I've found it to be a much better program

3. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    you need other parts of the archive.
    part 2,3 etc.

4. Sly 3 4 me

Member Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's not a win-rar problem, as NReale mentioned. I've noticed this problem for the last week and it has annoyed me. If you download them through Jdownloader, which is an automated tool to download files quick and easy, the download finishes perfectly. I had this same problem when I had attempted to download a 900+MB .Avi file on there, and it still occurs for me with files. The above program does solve this and it allows for copy pasting of mass amounts of links from many different file sharing sites. It also can download videos if you copy the direct URL of the video, flash if you copy the URL, and normal downloads which are through HTTP. I've downloaded ten files since it had started acting up last week and all ten completed successfully. The program also allows download resuming for Megaupload even if you don't have a premium account.

5. rayjay
    OP

Member rayjay GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help Sly 3 4 me, that seems to have solved my problem. Although, I'm still wondering why Megaupload seems to have suddenly stopped working.