Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have released the official full version of WinRAR for free! Yes, it is the Full-Version of WinRAR for FREE!

Note: You have to agree to the WinRAR license if you want this!
Download: NOTHING

Q & A:

Q: Isn't this illegal to give out?
A: No, if you read the WinRAR license on the 8th line it specifically says, "The licensed software may not be rented or leased but may be permanently transferred, in its entirety, if the recipient agrees to the terms of this license". This would mean I can transfer you the license AS LONG AS YOU AGREE TO THE WINRAR LICENSE.

Q: This seems too good to be true. Are there viruses in this file?
A: No, the file is just the "rarreg.key" itself and a "txt" file for instructions on how to use it. Also it does seem to good to be true, but it is not. ;)

Q: Why would you do this?
A: I myself also wanted WinRAR myself, but had to do a trail version because I had no money and was not able to keep it forever before. I want the community (or anyone else) to get this too without having to pay. :)

Last edited by Depravo,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have released the official full version of WinRAR for free! Yes, it is the Full-Version of WinRAR for FREE!

Download: Nowt

Q & A:

A: No, if you read the WinRAR license on 8 it specifically says, "The licensed software may not be rented or leased but may be permanently transferred, in its entirety, if the recipient agrees to the terms of this license". This would mean I can transfer you the license AS LONG AS YOU AGREE TO THE WINRAR LICENSE.

A: No, the file is just the "rarreg.key" itself and a "txt" file for instructions on how to use it. Also it does seem to good to be true, but it is not. ;)

A: I myself also wanted WinRAR myself, but had to do a trail version because I had no money and was not able to keep it forever before. I want the community (or anyone else) to get this too without having to pay. :)
This seems very nice. Ill check it out later

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Download: Naught

Q & A:

A: No, if you read the WinRAR license on 8 it specifically says, "The licensed software may not be rented or leased but may be permanently transferred, in its entirety, if the recipient agrees to the terms of this license". This would mean I can transfer you the license AS LONG AS YOU AGREE TO THE WINRAR LICENSE.

I know you mean well, but I don't think this is legal. You can't transfer a single license to more than one person, it's meant for one person/computer at a time.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you mean well, but I don't think this is legal. You can't transfer a single license to more than one person, it's meant for one person/computer at a time.
This is actually legal, this is a Company License. They never said anything about not allowing to give it out to as many people as I want. I actually did read the license and they said I can transfer it (no certain amount given).
7zip is better and free...
Sure, but I gave you WinRAR for free. I do know 7-Zip is better at compressing files, but it is harder to use for some reason. I had trouble actually opening it because it didn't install a shortcut, so I had to make one from 2 EXE files I had to chose and only one worked. But that is YOUR CHOICE, not mine. This was only made for people who want it NOT TO BE CRITICIZED.

hii915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually legal, this is a Company License. They never said anything about not allowing to give it out to as many people as I want. I actually did read the license and they said I can transfer it (no certain amount given).

Sure, but I gave you WinRAR for free. I do know 7-Zip is better at compressing files, but it is harder to use for some reason. I had trouble actually opening it because it didn't install a shortcut, so I had to make one from 2 EXE files I had to chose and only one worked. But that is YOUR CHOICE, not mine. This was only made for people who want it NOT TO BE CRITICIZED.
fair. sorry for being blunt!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I'm sure it's somewhere in the terms. Expect the key to get banned if/when they notice that it's been distributed.
But thanks. Used it and it works fine. Now I can finally get rid of those annoying nag screens.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't transferring the license. You're sharing it. Transfer by definition means to move from one place to another. Not from one place to many other places. This is piracy, plain and simple.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did read the license and they said I can transfer it (no certain amount given).
Definition of transfer
transferred
transferring

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to convey from one person, place, or situation to another : move, shiftb : to cause to pass from one to another : transmitc : transform, change

3. 2 : to make over the possession or control of : convey
If you "transfer" something (a license) to somewhere else (another person's possession) it's no longer where it originally was. In other words, you're not transferring the license, you're letting people copy it.

Edit: God damnit, ninja'd.

Reactions: Zaide

Shadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People still use winrar?

Common please, 7zip is millions of times better, and is free.
As I told the previous person that THIS HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS IT. Sure, 7-ZIP is FREE and does a better job at compressing the files, but I had problems with opening it and it is harder to use, but remember
Definition of transfer
transferred
transferring

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to convey from one person, place, or situation to another : move, shiftb : to cause to pass from one to another : transmitc : transform, change

3. 2 : to make over the possession or control of : convey
If you "transfer" something (a license) to somewhere else (another person's possession) it's no longer where it originally was. In other words, you're not transferring the license, you're letting people copy it.

Edit: God damnit, ninja'd.
Yes, but copying is transferring the file to another computing and being cloned at the same time, therefore IT IS BEING TRANSFERRED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it