Windows Odyssey LEAKED!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Touko White, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Windows Odyssey, the original successor/update/whatever to 2K, has been leaked by Anonymous Contributor.

In an early stage (Build 5644) most of it is incomplete. The login screen will break if you install IE6, much like Neptune does, although the leaker couldn't work out how to fix it.

Networking seems to function exactly the way 2000 does or something, the notes didn't make much sense, but it seems the project was mostly code form 2000/Neptune with some differences. The OS identifies itself on its user agent as NT 5.1.5644.

Video link: http://bit.ly/ITnsL0 - DOWNLOAD IS IN DESCRIPTION (for VirtualBox and for actual installation)

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    Gee, thanks Anonymous Contributor. I mean this is nice and all, but that Anonymous Contributor guy can be a real ass sometimes - I think I heard someone on CNN say that they were a member of that Scienceology thing.

3. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    Thanks, Anonymous Contributor. We couldn't have done it without you. Fighting the good fight. Congratulations. I'm proud of you. You did it. Teamwork.

4. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty GBATemp's Autismo

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    thanks anonomouse i has now will join.

5. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    'Anonymous Contributor' is always the name I use whenever I'm having a joke.