Windows Live ?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Youkai, Dec 13, 2007.

Dec 13, 2007

Windows Live ? by Youkai at 11:42 AM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,

Could someone explain me what Windows Live is ?

All those games that have Windows Live written on the cover looks like totaly shitty XBOX360 games that should never have been made [​IMG]V

thanks to all those shitty games lately i never again buy a game before i tried the full version (lucky there are torrents) and the last two games i really wanted to play were those Windows Live games and in reality they sucked bad. (UT and Universe at War)

the menue is completely like xbox games there are allways xbox buttons in help texts and whatever [​IMG], the grafik isn't the best (at least on my Computer with windows XP [i can run Hellgate on max settings]) and it just plays totaly bad on computer. As if they want you to use a gamepage, would be especialy great for Universe at war which is a strategic game like command and conquer, biggest difference is that the camera is so near to the ground that you can see the smalest ants but barely any building [​IMG], the main building takes up the whole screen on 1280x1024 resolution.

So what is Windows Live ?
    Windows Live = "XBOX360 game that should earn some bucks from PC users as well" ?

P.S. i completely forgot the best thing of those games ... at least i have like 2 or 3 min black screen only to see the NVidia logo and the next loading screen ... thats just so great ... i love to allways wait hours for the game to actually start

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Windows LIVE is just Xbox LIVE for windows, your Xbox LIVE account works under windows as well.

Games for Windows is there new games "branding".

The LIVE family for Microsoft covers most of their online presence such as messenger, gaming, etc.

Games for windows website

3. TaeK

Member TaeK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    hmm thanks.

but how come that an the site Bioshock and the Settlers are listed ? somehow i don't remember that those two were windows live games ... or are there different versions ? cuz Bioshock (even thaught i am not that much fan of shooter) wasn't that bad and umm was it even online ???? and settlers ... ok it sucked but still better than many other games lately