Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Today, my computer have this problem.
Works, but when i copy a data, says:
Windows Explorer has stopped working... (7 sec.)
Windows Explorer is restarting... (7 sec. again)
And... flash my screen, (1 sec) and again work.
WTF?
Help me pls, this is weird. :´^)
Last Action before the Explorer Problem:
Installed:None!
Action: used BrawlBox (creating a BRSTM)

Last edited by Alex4U,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
This can happen when the HDD is getting thrashed, when there's an IO error (e.g. Corrupt sector) in your HDD, or when there's a problem in your RAM (usually causes BSoDs rather than hung/unresponsive processes).

Check your Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor to find out what the CPU, RAM and HDD activity is like when this happens. Also, you may want to run a chkdsk and a memtest just to rule out the possibilities.

The last time I encountered this issue, it was specifically linked to Skype, but the cause turned out to be a corrupt sector in my SSD. Once I swapped to a new SSD (migrating all data because reinstalling everything is a pain) it fixed all my problems. Then after I did a secure erase of the SSD, it worked again like new (I made sure to do 3-4 passes in testing it before I dared using it again).

Reactions: Alex4U

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Dban the shit out of your hdd and get a new one
:´^))))))))))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This can happen when the HDD is getting thrashed, when there's an IO error (e.g. Corrupt sector) in your HDD, or when there's a problem in your RAM (usually causes BSoDs rather than hung/unresponsive processes).

Check your Performance Monitor and Resource Monitor to find out what the CPU, RAM and HDD activity is like when this happens. Also, you may want to run a chkdsk and a memtest just to rule out the possibilities.

The last time I encountered this issue, it was specifically linked to Skype, but the cause turned out to be a corrupt sector in my SSD. Once I swapped to a new SSD (migrating all data because reinstalling everything is a pain) it fixed all my problems. Then after I did a secure erase of the SSD, it worked again like new (I made sure to do 3-4 passes in testing it before I dared using it again).
im starting to check the HHD. Thank you.

:´^))))))))))

im starting to check the HHD. Thank you.
Oh, i forget, i trying sfcscannow and the cmd says me:
The Disk has been checked. some problems cant repair. please contact to Windows.

WTF? chkdsk say me "No problems found"

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your HDD is bad, get an SSD (250GB) to replace it and a larger 2nd HDD (at least 1TB) for games and extra storage.

I did this for my dual HDD bay laptop and is fast now, with no compromises on storage capacity.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
If your HDD is bad, get an SSD (250GB) to replace it and a larger 2nd HDD (at least 1TB) for games and extra storage.

I did this for my dual HDD bay laptop and is fast now, with no compromises on storage capacity.
i only use my computer for copy data/paste.
i never installed a game, only emulators. (NO IM NOT POOR)
Is other way to fix this shitty problem?
I DONT HAVE THE WINDOWS 7 INSTALLER DISC.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only use my computer for copy data/paste.
i never installed a game, only emulators. (NO IM NOT POOR)
Is other way to fix this shitty problem?
I DONT HAVE THE WINDOWS 7 INSTALLER DISC.
if you reserve a Windows 10 upgrade, you can use the bootable media tool to make a Windows 10 ISO to burn to a disk. you can then install Windows 10 to a new HDD or SSD.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
if you reserve a Windows 10 upgrade, you can use the bootable media tool to make a Windows 10 ISO to burn to a disk. you can then install Windows 10 to a new HDD or SSD.
i tried to update to Windows 10, but i get stuck in 27%
I leave the computer ON ALL DAY (3 shittys days) AND ITS STUCK IN 27%

yes. only if you yell "HEIL MARGEN67"!
no :´v

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as long as the upgrade was reserved, which it is in your case, you can download the Windows 10 bootable media tool and have it download an ISO to burn to a DVD.

this can be used to install Windows 10 fresh (no upgrade) to a new working HDD or SSD.

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You only have one option at that point, and it's hope that it's the hard drive and not a busted socket on the CPU. You will have to replace your hard drive. It's the only choice you have.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if the CPU over heats the sockets can melt and they can make certain parts unusable. This has happened to my brother.

I can only see that happening to an AMD processor with a small heatsink that was attached with no or little thermal paste with a motherboard that does not shut down from overheating.

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only see that happening to an AMD processor with a small heatsink that was attached with no or little thermal paste with a motherboard that does not shut down from overheating.
Intel i5.
OEM manufactured, so had heat sink.
But the reason was he had a graphics card, left his computer on for a week and put a blanket over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night