"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer etc." How?

DoggaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I set my Vista to it's factory settings, and made a new account and everything, and then when I tried to log - in,

Windows-could-not-complete-installation_error.png

My problem is, I don't know how to restart the installation, and I tried these methods already:

and they didn't work at all.

How do I fix this problem?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows Vista lost all security support in 2017. It is highly recommended that you instead do a clean installation of Windows 10 if your hardware supports it.

Reactions: DoggaDude

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restarted my PC...Twice, and I still get this message:

View attachment 188508
Did you boot from the bootable USB, or are you trying to run the setup executable while in Windows?

Once you have your bootable USB drive, power off the computer, plug in the USB drive, turn on the computer, load the startup options, boot from the USB instead of your HDD, and do a clean install of Windows 10. If there is nothing important on the computer, you can wipe the partitions on your HDD before doing the clean install. I also recommend installing the 64-bit version of Windows 10 if your computer supports it.

Last edited by Lacius,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if everything worked in Linux I would use Linux and same can be said for macOS

but in terms of best windows version, i would say 7 in terms of it the best and still usable today and xp aren't. but since support is stopped for 7, would u choose 8.1 over 10? why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM