Windows Blinds Xp to Vista skin

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by da_head, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008
  1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    well after makin the vista transformation pack thread, ppl suggested i use windows blinds instead. so i got it. can anyone recommend a xp to vista skin? i found a few, but they're incomplete and meh looking.

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Why are you using Vista Tranformation Pack?
    Why are you using Windowblinds?
    Why do you want XP to look like Vista?

Be a man and customize the real way! Part by part.
    I had my XP looking like Vista for a while and it was so convincing that my friend actually believed I had vista.

You can even change the icons in the taskbar to vista ones. The Vista start bar is easily emulated by VSE. Flip3d has a freeware XP version out. You can also emulate the sidebar of Vista easily. You can easily find those programs/mods on the aqua-soft forums if you look hard enough.
    The breadcrumbs type addressbar can also be mimicked by Qtaddressbar. As for the theme; you're on your own. I never had an interest for vista themes and the only ones that come to mind are Vista Royale and Watercolor Emilio Black (which is actually a decent theme) and other than those I don't know or wouldnt bother with.

3. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    i'm not using vista transformation pack. iunno, vista looks nicer than xp lol, and i've gotten bored of xp.

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    OOT:Use BricoPacks, I did, and it works perfectly, I even took their sound files, especially for WIndows Startup and Windows Exit, they're flawless! [​IMG]

I dunno, do you want a Vista liek skin or a custom one?