Windows 8 Upgrade Question

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was trying to install Windows Xp on a computer and It didn't work I kept running into problems so I gave up the fight and installed the Windows 8 Release Preview and I decided I liked Windows 8 and wanted to buy the full version when it comes out and I read about this upgrade deal and such and I read if you had the Release Preview installed and you upgraded from XP Vista or 7 then you could upgrade for $40 but I was wondering if I could upgrade by putting in the Xp CoA when I buy the upgrade.

So basically can I use a Windows Xp Pro CoA to upgrade to Windows 8 without Installing Xp and upgrading to 8?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming the XP copy was legit I would guess it would work....I thought the deal was only with Windows 7/Vista users but then again I never read up on any of the deals

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah with ya, I'm under the impression you had to have whichever version of windows installed and then you would basically be given a digital copy of the upgrade disc. still never hurts to check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...