Windows 8 Release to Manufacturer Build Leaks

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
137509-windows-8.jpg

Windows 8 Enterprise has leaked to several torrent and file sharing sites just two days after it's release. While it was not known if it was legitimate several users have dubbed it "Real, working and looking great".
The copy is an English version, but according to the file-sharing sites it is non-booting, so users must create an installation media. Instructions for creating a DVD- or USB based installer were posted on some of the file sharing websites and can be found pretty much anywhere on the internet http://bit.ly/T9d1D4 ;)

Leaks of upcoming windows upgrades are not uncommon. In between the hype of the Windows 7 launch three years ago, leaked copies appeared regularly,including the October 2008 leak of an "alpha" version. Microsoft had meant only for the developers to obtain a Windows 7 RC, which launched also went public about two weeks before Microsoft officially launched the preview.

Luckily Microsoft has avoided most of this in the run-up to the Windows 8 release. All retail copies were shipped to the Microsoft's OEM partners it needed to be someone inside an OEM that started the leak :ninja:. Some customers will be able to obtain a retail copy legitimately as early as August 16th when the Released to Manufacturer milestone begins and the Microsoft Developers Network and TechNet services obtain the same code to be installed on newly manufactured computers. Enterprises with Software Assurance licensing plans, (gives companies the right to run any version of a product) will be able to snatch up Windows 8 starting Aug 16th, as well as the members of the Microsoft Partner Network.

The retail and Anytime Upgrade launch is slated for October 26th release with 3 versions available; Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and the version already leaked, enterprise. The tablet update RT was sent to reluctant OEMS yesterday to, with mixed emotions all round.

At least Microsoft will get thousand of free bug testers. :yay:

Of course, Microsoft would encourage you not to download a copy for several reasons. One, they have no control over what's contained in the package, so it could be packed full of malware. Two, they'd much rather sell the operating system to you than have you get a copy for free. Microsoft declined to comment on this issue.

Source
Source

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty its just Windows 7 with a tablet UI slapped over it. While I do think its a fantastic option for a tablet, its pretty much pointless for a desktop and is more of a hindrance than an upgrade

Reactions: 6 people
S

SixSenseEagle

I know its not officaly done yet, but I can't even download this, I think this is really meant for a tablet touch screen phone, and plus look at the start menu for the window 8 it is not like windows 7 it has a touch screen interface, also there adding the start menu from win7, and everything, but this time it won't be the original start menu, the pic above will be, and the original win 7 start menu has change on win 8, but anyway this should have been release on tablet just look at it, they just should kept the win7 start menu and made into a more advance, and made called it win8 overall like they did it previous versions, but no... now people are gonna have to learn this window stuff again since it been upgraded, and plus it have been converted really into a... metro/tablet format :(.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll wait on upgrading. When I first got Vista, my system ran like garbage and it continued to do so until Windows 7 came out. Plus, I'm not so sure on the UI just yet. Not saying it's bad (since I haven't tried it) but I think I'd like to see it in action a bit more beyond the silly promos MS has for it.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried the Consumer Preview some time ago and in all honesty I don't really see a point in immediately upgrading from Win 7 to this. I'll probably set it up on one of my older HDD's and mess around with it for a bit until it grows on me. I want to be sure there are no repercussions before making the leap to this one....

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually love windows 8. I think the only thing that bugs me about it is that I can't change the icons on the metro screen, so I end up with a tiny Chrome icon and a huge IE icon.

Reactions: 2 people

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty its just Windows 7 with a tablet UI slapped over it. While I do think its a fantastic option for a tablet, its pretty much pointless for a desktop and is more of a hindrance than an upgrade

Besides the fact that it actually uses LESS resources, and actually makes your computer run a little less intensively? Not to mention it actually makes life EASIER for its users. Granted they have taken a route that should have not been traveled? I'm not seeing myself go back to Windows 7 any time soon. This is coming from an early adopter of the Windows 8 betas. I've put up with their bugs and their crap. There's still some there, but I'm enjoying this more than I did 7.

Reactions: 2 people

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Besides the fact that it actually uses LESS resources, and actually makes your computer run a little less intensively? Not to mention it actually makes life EASIER for its users. Granted they have taken a route that should have not been traveled? I'm not seeing myself go back to Windows 7 any time soon. This is coming from an early adopter of the Windows 8 betas. I've put up with their bugs and their crap. There's still some there, but I'm enjoying this more than I did 7.

I agree with you big time, I went back to 7 today only to go back to 8 tomorrow...My emulators like Desmume run at near perfect speeds to were as on 7 it runs like crap! what gives? Windows 8 also keeps the desktop super clean and clutter free, with the press of the Windows button your taken to your shortcuts/apps in a matter of seconds!

Reactions: 5 people

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the Windows 8 seems pointless side myself, but to be fair, I didn't try the preview. However, I would never trust a whole OS from a dl. That's way too open to potential problems and requires a lot more trust then I'm ever giving some random dl post.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am running Desmume SVN r4352 and it use to run smooth and near perfect with the occasional skips in the audio which I fix easily, but windows 7 is like screw that mess, so I don't know what the problem is but I can't play Dragon Quest 9 on the Windows 7 using that emulator but I can on Windows 8 just fine using that emulator! Everything from program installs to uninstalls to running them everything is better, smoother and faster allot faster with Windows 8!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am running Desmume SVN r4352 and it use to run smooth and near perfect with the occasional skips in the audio which I fix easily, but windows 7 is like screw that mess, so I don't know what the problem is but I can't play Dragon Quest 9 on the Windows 7 using that emulator but I can on Windows 8 just fine using that emulator! Everything from program installs to uninstalls to running them everything is better, smoother and faster allot faster with Windows 8!
That's strange. Maybe because I'm using NullDC 1.6. I wish there was more game compatibility videos.
Only found this.

Maybe you should make one. :P

edit: I thought I read DEmul. Read too fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol