Windows 8 from pen drive + UEFI = Major headaches

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Win 7 and Linux Mint installed both on Legacy BIOS and they work great, but I wanna upgrade to Win 8 on UEFI (my laptop came with Win 8 pre installed and I removed it and installed 7) mostly because I think its time to move on to another system and not to mention that I get my free Windows 10 upgrade to UEFI, but this is where it gets tricky.

I have no other way to install Win 8 on my laptop besides using a downloaded Windows 8 iso image but the thing is, it only boots from Legacy BIOS, I tried booting from UEFI and it boots but shortly after it gives me the ''winload.efi'' problem and doesn't let me do a god damn thing from there.
I used Rufus to format my pen drive to FAT32 in GPT and even so it gave me the same error, to be honest I don't know what else to do, installing Windows 8 on UEFI has been more complicated than using Linux Mint for the first time
Oh BTW the Windows 8 image I'm using is an All-In-One image but I don't know if that counts for anything since I downloaded Windows image, Windows 8.1 AIO and even that didn't work

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have an UEFI based machine, did you disable secure boot option in your uefi setting? Perhaps that may resolve your issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM