Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So, it would be very much appreciated if someone could and wanted to contribute with a deeper and more detailed knowledge on how to mod for example latest Adrenalin 2020 Win 7 drivers to work for Win 8.1!! If it is possible at all...??
You can look into this guy. He's why I know how tedious custom AMD drivers are as he releases them for Macs Apple and AMD no longer wish to support.
https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/

His drivers require some tinkering in Safe Mode, like using the community GPU driver uninstaller to fully remove any drivers. OP's PC might have failed to boot because of a conflict caused by the drivers not being fully uninstalled. I can't say for certain, though, but this site should be a good starting point.

All this said, I'm still of the mind that moving to Linux is a better solution. AMD systems are thriving on it right now, and it's really beginning to make Windows look obsolete what with the advancements there and in WINE. WINE 6 just hit stable, and it's brought soooo much to the table.

JanFralst

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks a lot Joom - very much appreciated! I'll have a look at this!!

And I agree with you about Linux - but occasionally you also need to be in the MS ecosystem!!

Reactions: HarveyHouston

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it would be very much appreciated if someone could and wanted to contribute with a deeper and more detailed knowledge on how to mod for example latest Adrenalin 2020 Win 7 drivers to work for Win 8.1!! If it is possible at all...??
AMD's more recent Windows 7 drivers are mostly for older hardware. My chipset requires Radeon Vega 8 drivers, which are available only for Windows 10.

As I mentioned with point three in my head post, I got the drivers to install, but my computer freezes at startup. Not sure if this is a memory issue or something? I'd like to know if there's a particular value or set of values I need to change in the INF file for Vega 8 to work, or if I even need to add or replace the driver files with something more compatible with Windows 8.1 so Vega 8 can work.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the posts about BootCamp. For some reason, the thread didn't refresh when I clicked on it. I think I tried these, and didn't have much luck. I suppose I could give them another try; are there Vega 8 drivers built with 8.1 there?

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Sorry, missed the posts about BootCamp. For some reason, the thread didn't refresh when I clicked on it. I think I tried these, and didn't have much luck. I suppose I could give them another try; are there Vega 8 drivers built with 8.1 there?
They probably won't be useful to you as they're meant for Macs that are no longer officially supported by AMD. The guy that releases the drivers has a YouTube channel full of guides on them, though. So, while you'll still most likely need to modify the installer, I'm fairly certain this guy has a guide on how he does it. You may be able to reach out to him for advice, too. He also provides the necessary tools in his driver pack, so you can grab them from the latest release.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy that releases the drivers has a YouTube channel full of guides on them, though. So, while you'll still most likely need to modify the installer, I'm fairly certain this guy has a guide on how he does it. You may be able to reach out to him for advice, too. He also provides the necessary tools in his driver pack, so you can grab them from the latest release.
Is it Mat HD? What Discord handle does he go by?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I also would like to know!
if theres a stage 1 install (where it unpacks everything) get the w 7 driver then using device manager navigate to the unpacked folder normally unpacks on the root of C: install the drivers that way then look for an exe called ccc2_install.exe that will install the radeon control panel then reboot (this is what i did for my RX580 which has no 8.1 drivers also C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.3.2-Win7-64Bit-Mar29\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF is the folder i browse to, also check the search subfolders checkbox as well to make sre it's right also ccc2 is in the "B365567" folder if your wondering

Last edited by chrisrlink,

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if theres a stage 1 install (where it unpacks everything) get the w 7 driver then using device manager navigate to the unpacked folder normally unpacks on the root of C: install the drivers that way then look for an exe called ccc2_install.exe that will install the radeon control panel then reboot (this is what i did for my RX580 which has no 8.1 drivers also C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.3.2-Win7-64Bit-Mar29\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF is the folder i browse to, also check the search subfolders checkbox as well to make sre it's right also ccc2 is in the "B365567" folder if your wondering
That would be great... if the drivers for my chipset were available for Windows 7. This chipset (Ryzen 3 2200G) requires Radeon Vega 8, which is ONLY for Windows 10 officially. Anyhow, I'm going to try the drivers linked by @CPG before I try something else.

I also have notified the developer at BootCampDrivers.com about my issue. I gave him my IDs (the same ones I provided here) and said he would try to add them to the custom drivers list. So far, I haven't heard back from him, but if the drivers linked at Win-Raid work, I may not need his drivers after all. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have two working solutions, would it? :)

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be great... if the drivers for my chipset were available for Windows 7. This chipset (Ryzen 3 2200G) requires Radeon Vega 8, which is ONLY for Windows 10 officially. Anyhow, I'm going to try the drivers linked by @CPG before I try something else.

I also have notified the developer at BootCampDrivers.com about my issue. I gave him my IDs (the same ones I provided here) and said he would try to add them to the custom drivers list. So far, I haven't heard back from him, but if the drivers linked at Win-Raid work, I may not need his drivers after all. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have two working solutions, would it? :)
btw, as someone also on windows 8.1, you might have a hash cant be fouynd error, so you will have to disable signature checks

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, as someone also on windows 8.1, you might have a hash cant be fouynd error, so you will have to disable signature checks
I have Test Mode on from trying to install drivers before, so I don't think I'll have a problem with that.

EDIT: It didn't work.
Screenshot 2021-04-18 18:20:51.png

What do I do now?

RE-EDIT: IT FINALLY WORKED!!! Here's what happened:

The Vega 8 drivers showed up in the list of available drivers in Device Manager for my display, after several failed attempts to install the drivers @CPG provided directly from the INF file, so I just selected it and reboot. This led to a boot-loop that I couldn't seem to recover from, so I decided to mess with BIOS settings. I changed the graphics settings from external to internal, enabled Windows 10 WQHL support, and adjusted some other things that I forgot what they were, then rebooted again.

The result? Well, see for yourself:
Screenshot 2021-04-19 00:05:27.png

Screenshot 2021-04-19 00:05:45.png

Games that didn't work before now work, and those that worked poorly work even better now. Let There Be ROCK! :toot: :grog: :D :hrth:

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night