Gaming Windows 7 on Mac

MACoverPC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iz it possible to run Win7 On Mac??
And if so is there anything u need to do extra to run it on mac cause as far as i no u can only run vista and XP?
And where to get it?
Cauz i lyk Win But With Mac there izent good programs fore file Decompressing!!
And Where would i get my own copy of Win7 ??
Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated:)

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here you go. You can get your own legal copy at something called a "store."
happy.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VMWare or Parallels. Google those.

And use BetterZip or The Unarchiver or even Stuffit if you're desperate for unarchiving
tongue.gif

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, first off, learn to spell. Secondly, it's not a problem. I've been running RC1 on my macbook for a few months now. Some things to keep in mind though:

If you want to run 64bit (only really needed if you have 4gb of RAM or more), you'll have to do some tweaking to the .iso for the Mac to use it (I've run into this with Vista as well). If you are using 64bit, send me a message and let me know, and I'll help you with it.

Drivers can be a pain, and Google will be your best friend for this as well. Bootcamp should provide them for you, but again, if you're using 64bit, it's not so easy.

Lastly, try to get a hold of a copy of Bootcamp 2.0 from Snow Leopard, if you don't already have Snow Leopard installed. It will allow you to access your files from your Mac partition in Windows, and vice versa.

Again, if you have any questions about this, shoot me a message and I'll do what I can.

Posts merged

Oh, and UnRARX is a pretty good program for un-archiving .zips, .rars, .tar.bzs, .7zips, etc..

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, just go on the The Pirate Bay and download the 3.0 Bootcamp drivers (it's about a gig). Mount with Daemon Tools, install and voilá, all done. Works perfectly on 64 and 32 bit.

Just remember to download the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia (if you have a unibody), cos the Bootcamp 3.0 are a bit outdated, and you want the best if you're gonna play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U