Windows 11. Yay or Nay?

SaberLilly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rollout of Microsoft's newest OS begins tomorrow, so i wanted to see how many of us here are going to install it or not. If not why, and if you plan on doing the hardware requirements bypass to install it on "unsupported hardware" if you go that route.
As for me, sure i'll bite, i tested it pretty extensively as an insider and it worked well. I may try the hardware bypass on at least 1 machine to see if microsoft's claim of "unsupported hardware yields 52% more kernel crashes."

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1633356651862.png
1633356690398.png
meh , im insider previews since it exist , been on win11 since its been available , if you dont like useless change and choices dont upgrade yet . the context menues have been moved ,changed or removed . and the emphasis on the touchscreens shows , big space for text and icon designed to show you cut copy and past instead of txt .

lots of personal configuration is neede to feel at home , but as for performance go nothing bad to say , im not havuing trouble running anything i usually do and i think stuffs feel more fast and snappy .

id say theres no reason to upgrade if you feel fine with win10 , wait until its ending and win11 being more updated .

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only if it support android app natively like they advertize. I have not seen anything yet. I will be shoddy at best it seems.
Else than that I cant see the difference with windows vista, 7,8 or 10 they are ALL THE SAME

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'll pass for now. My computer is running fine, and history has shown that early adopters are the extended testers until the first year or so of the product.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My PC is compatible but I don't see the point in updating until there's a clear advantage with gaming. Also, I tend to dislike a lot of the changes MS makes so I'll wait until all the registry tweaks are known to get rid of all the pointless crap.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ll at least try it in a VM, but I wont rush to upgrade my primary rig/laptop….which are also the only two compatible system I have.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder if it's the Vista/Windows 8 team. Or if it's the 7 and 10 team on Windows 11. It will make a big difference.

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Windows11 (The one i use now to type this) It was hard to install because this PC only has BIOS and Not UEFI (so i download both the Windows 10 and Windows 11 iso Provided by Microsoft, And copyed some Install files from the 11 iso to the 10 iso and burned it to a usb (To trick the installer it is installing win10 because that supports bios but when you are on the version select screen it installs windows 11) ) Btw my pc doesn't have TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot (it is from 2003 and it original came with windows xp yes XP, I upgrade it to vista so i could download Windows 10 32 bit and from there windows 10 64 bit to Windows 11 and i'm happy with it (windows10 crashed a lot was very slow and gave many bsod) now it is working fine So i say YAH

Reactions: weatMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.