Windows 11 will be a free upgrade for Windows 10 users and will feature new gaming enhancements

Xbox_Wire_Windows11.jpg

During a livestream that aired today, Microsoft officially unveiled its next OS: Windows 11 and announced that Windows 10 users will get access to Windows 11 as a free upgrade, similar to how Windows 7 and 8 users were upgraded to Windows 10 for free.

Microsoft also said that Windows 11 will be "the best Windows ever for gaming". To back that claim up, the tech giant announced a slate of gaming-related enhancements. One of these is Auto HDR which will make games look better as it adds High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhancements to titles built on DirectX 11 or higher that previously only leveraged Standard Dynamic Range (SDR). This tech was in fact introduced Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Another enhancement will come to loading speed through the new DirectStorage technology. This was part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S and Windows 11 PCs will load new games faster with a high performance NVMe SSD and the proper drivers.

As a final gaming-related feature, the Xbox app will be built into Windows 11 to provide easier access to Game Pass. Cloud gaming will also be directly added into the Xbox app on PC.

Another interesting announcement during the event, albeit not directly related to gaming, is that Android apps will apparently run natively on Windows 11. The apps will be downloadable from Amazon’s Appstore, which will itself be accessible via the new Windows store.

For more details about the gaming-related announcements, head to the official Xbox blog post in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to install the new Insider build of Windows 11 on "unsupported" hardware using UUP dump to make an ISO and then placing the install.wim into a Windows 10 installation disc, but at the moment UUP dump seems to be creating the ISOs without the experience pack seen in the new Insider preview, meaning missing features such as the new redesigned settings menu, and the new store. It's best to wait for now if you plan to upgrade through this method, it doesn't seem to be grabbing all the files it needs right now.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Windows 11 Insider Preview dropped today, if anyone is interested in test driving Windows 11 legally. This is also a much newer build than the leaked one.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading the insider preview it will let me install it and I plan on sticking with it so I will prob upgrade the cpu if anything hope that will be all if i have to i'll spend $20 on that tpm chip for my motherboard. I really hate to since my parts are not that old and because of that it really bugs the hell out of me.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the leaked win11 iso. so far its pretty nice compared to win10. Seems to run smoother, looks nicer. can't wait for the final build this year

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv got the preview installed and like what I see with the eyes, Now I need to learn were everything is/moved too.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay with Windows 10 forever until final release plus more fixed was comes... maybe a next year.
all ready updated to this insider build I plan on sticking with it till the full thing comes, if i have not upgraded my hardware by then i may role back but would hate to get use to this and then role back and loose things I may like.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does remind me of mac os way to much like they intended to almost try a 1 to 1 copy.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supporting the Android runtime libraries is pretty awesome - I will be interested to see how much of a muck about installing apps from the Google Play store will be. Would be pretty neat to run my shitty gacha games on my PC.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to install the new Insider build of Windows 11 on "unsupported" hardware using UUP dump to make an ISO and then placing the install.wim into a Windows 10 installation disc, but at the moment UUP dump seems to be creating the ISOs without the experience pack seen in the new Insider preview, meaning missing features such as the new redesigned settings menu, and the new store. It's best to wait for now if you plan to upgrade through this method, it doesn't seem to be grabbing all the files it needs right now.
Aaaand, it's now been worked around!

If you would like to install the new Insider build on unsupported hardware, you can download the iso from UUPdump (selecting the amd64 version as well as your own locale and chosen edition), but in order to be able to access the latest features with the experience pack, you need to open ConvertConfig.ini and check that AddUpdates = 1. If it is not 1, you must change it to 1. After this, you just need to run the batch script and it should generate an ISO for you.

After this, you just need to mount the new ISO you've generated, and copy the install.wim inside the /sources/ folder into the same folder on Windows 10 install disc, just like the workaround in the leaked build. From here, you can either just run the setup.exe to upgrade, or boot from it to do a clean install, and you should have a working Windows 11 Build 22000.51 install on an unsupported PC. I've seen that this also works on Legacy, non-UEFI PCs.

Last edited by Kingy,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaand, it's now been worked around!

If you would like to install the new Insider build on unsupported hardware, you can download the iso from UUPdump (selecting the amd64 version as well as your own locale and chosen edition), but in order to be able to access the latest features with the experience pack, you need to open ConvertConfig.ini and check that AddUpdates = 1. If it is not 1, you must change it to 1. After this, you just need to run the batch script and it should generate an ISO for you.

After this, you just need to mount the new ISO you've generated, and copy the install.wim inside the /sources/ folder into the same folder on Windows 10 install disc, just like the workaround in the leaked build. From here, you can either just run the setup.exe to upgrade, or boot from it to do a clean install, and you should have a working Windows 11 Build 22000.51 install on an unsupported PC. I've seen that this also works on Legacy, non-UEFI PCs.
why do all that when as of right now you can install it normal on unsupported hardware without all of that, you don't need to do all of that at all I just did a upgrade to the build with a ryzen 1600 6 core that is unsupported without a problem.
They are not enforcing the new hardware requirements right now

Last edited by leerpsp,

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why do all that when as of right now you can install it normal on unsupported hardware without all of that, you don't need to do all of that at all I just did a upgrade to the build with a ryzen 1600 6 core that is unsupported without a problem.
CPU generation isn't as significant as TPM2 or UEFI support. For these specific cases, you will need to do this.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a place on my motherboard to install one but don't have one and shows I can not activate it in the bio's so as of right now I do not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2021-6-28_18-40-42.png

I can install a tpms1 but not tpm2 so there is that.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a place on my motherboard to install one but don't have one and shows I can not activate it in the bio's so as of right now I do not.
I'll take your word for it- I actually have Secure Boot disabled on my PC, yet I was still able to install 22000. The instructions I posted are for those who are locked to the Release Preview branch of the Insider program. If you joined the Insider program after the 24th June, you will be limited by the hardware requirements, but before then, you'll be able to use Win11 until RTM

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take your word for it- I actually have Secure Boot disabled on my PC, yet I was still able to install 22000. The instructions I posted are for those who are locked to the Release Preview branch of the Insider program. If you joined the Insider program after the 24th June, you will be limited by the hardware requirements, but before then, you'll be able to use Win11 until RTM
Trust me I will be using the work around when the os is out because I really don't want to upgrade hardware yet.

Reactions: Kingy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans