Windows 10 Mail App changing account type.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I previously posted this on the MS Community, however, nobody there has been of any kind of help, so I thought I'd come and ask here - perhaps I might be able to get a few answers. Here's a summary of what's happening:

So for the past few weeks I've been having a nagging issue with the Windows 10 Mail app. While it's nice (Notifications, the new layout, and its simplicity), I haven't been using it because the app seems to keep breaking on me.

I cannot sync my emails from my Outlook account at all, nor can I send anything. When I dug into the app, I found that my account type (Settings -> Accounts -> <My Outlook account>) changed from Outlook (Which it is named by default) and changed it, all by itself, to an Exchange-based email. I was told on another forum that if I change to a local account (So I can remove the default email), then switch back to a Microsoft account, and re-add my Outlook email, it will fix the issue, so I did that.

However, upon opening the app, re-adding my email, and closing/reopening the app, my Outlook email, yet again, turned into an Exchange-based email, without asking me or prompting me or anything.

I'm not sure if perhaps it's because I have an Office 365 subscription and it's thinking I use Exchange, but I'd really like to fix this so that I can receive the email on the account that I've used for almost 10 years.

Additional info:

Mail version: 17.6224.42281.0
Windows version: 10.0 (10420)

As well,
1. Outlook on a web browser works properly, it's been my go-to for the last while while I've had this issue. My account on the Mail app also works properly on other devices (Both another Windows 10 device and various Android devices).

2. Because my Windows Live account is connected, it automatically configures the app properly, and while it does identify the Outlook account correctly, after a few minutes the application automatically changes the account type.

Has anyone here had a similar issue with the Windows 10 Mail app? I'd like to actually be able to check my mail without having to open my browser and open the Outlook site.

D

Deleted User

Unlike the 8.1 app which worked flawlessly my windows 10 mail app randomly decides whether to sync read messages with outlook.com or not on both my laptop and desktop.
Yesterday it's decided to stop syncing the live tile so that 3 messages I read yesterday are unread according to the tile but are read in the app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte