1. Nerdtendo

OP Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    I like using virtual assistants to manage my music hands-free. Every time i tried to use cortana for this however, it would force me to use spotify or iheartradio. I dislike music streaming services because I dislike not owning things (#trueepicgamer). After doing some research, it appears Windows has axed Cortana support from all local media players and made her exclusive to streaming services. Is there any way to circumvent that?

2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
  3. Nerdtendo

OP Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
  4. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

It´s known since Januar 2018 that this happens.:unsure:

After reading through this subject i think there is no way back to Groove Music.
    The only "solution" is to switch to Spotify.:(

Microsoft has also discontinued its Groove Music Pass subscription, which was a streaming service that was designed to compete with Spotify. This makes the Groove app less useful, though Microsoft has integrated Spotify into the app, with Microsoft promising that it is "expanding its partnership with Spotify” by providing a simple solution to port any existing Groove playlists onto the Spotify service.

Addition to Groove Music:

Microsoft deactivated with 31.March 2019 the One Drive Streaming Service for Groove Music.

Its no longer possible to stream music from One Drive with the Groove Music App.
    The remaining data from Groove Music is deleted after 30 days.
    Even Groove-Musik in Forza Horizont 3.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  5. Vhestal

Vhestal Advanced Member

Philippines
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - discontinuation, (Windows, Cortana