Win the mystery prize. Again?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Auyx, Oct 21, 2007.

Oct 21, 2007

Win the mystery prize. Again? by Auyx at 1:34 AM (5,472 Views / 0 Likes) 64 replies

1. Auyx
    OP

Member Auyx GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator

United Kingdom
    Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone would like to get there hands on what was the mystery prize from the GBAtemp tournament.

[​IMG]

All you have to do is let me know why you think it should be you who wins the T and nobody else. Post your reasons here and I will announce a winner on the 1/11/07. Good luck and be creative.

I will try my best to cover shipping costs worldwide but if you live somewhere that's stupidly expensive I may have to ask the winner to contribute. Shipping will be from the UK.

[edit] Just to let you guys know the reason I am giving this away is that it doesn't fit me (you have to be a pretty weird shape for a Jap XL) and that I didn't wanna sell it as it was a donated prize after all and I'd like it to go to someone who will enjoy it properly.

2. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Okay, first off I'm SpikeyNDS. I'm in the GBAtemp podcast. I freaked out about wanting the shirt more than anyone else I know. Was tortured by Little's horror stories of bad bad things that happened to it. Was also tortured about the fact that Little knew the person who won the shirt IRL by luck... Hired Little to assassinate you for the shirt... still waiting on results from that one... [​IMG]

3. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    You should give it to me, of course, because I will then promptly and selflessly give it to Spikey.

..probably.

4. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    Reasons? So we can post more than one answer?

Well, I deserve to win that because... I didn't win it last time [​IMG]

Sorry for such a lame answer, I'll try to think a better one later ^^;;

Edit: Oh, by the way, I also deserve to win that shirt because I still own my good old Snes together with an original copy of Mario Kart, well conserved, with box, manuals and everything. That proves I'll take pretty good care of that shirt too [​IMG]

Also, I'm a girl

5. Spikey

United States
    [​IMG]

6. Auyx
    OP

Member Auyx GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator

United Kingdom
    I hope this doesn't just turn into some kind of torture board for poor spikey.

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    *insert long and generic rambling post about how none of us deserve it*

I think I should get it because I've never won anything from a chance contest in my life.

8. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    If I get it, I will use it to save the world...and puppies.

9. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    umm...Can it fit me.. I like the shirt to be 4X lol I love big shirts....

My reason would be ......Umm nothing really except (please let me have the mystery prize because I want it...)

10. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why should I have it? Well that's a good question. Why should anyone have it? I mean, anyones reasons are going to be insufficient in an actual "need" or are clearly fake. I suppose I could say a few things of course.

Well for starters, I don't own any shirts. My parents are too poor to afford anything. I am currently running a Apple II with a hacked copy of AppleDOS that allows me to browse GBAtemp and only GBAtemp. I get internet connection from the neighbors and they are the local garbage dump.
    Yes, I live in a large television box.

Also, I don't have any pants, so this could double as those for special occasions that require them.

I really need it though so I can learn to read. Over the years I have typed blindly and hoped that I do not mistype. I have been told I am rather good at it. But you see, each and every newspaper or word ridden piece of material gets trash compacted, so I can't read what comes out. Also, one could say I should learn to read from the computer, but that is also impossible as my screen is actually very cracked and unreadable. I use a text-to-speech modification to the AppleDOS system. One could also say that I should know how to read because I can type and talk, but this is not the case as I am also mentally ill and part of my brain types but doesn't receive the information on what I type back. This way, I never actually remember what I am typing and thus cannot learn to read that way.

So yes, I could use the shirt. I need to learn how to read after all, and I can't expect to visit the neighborly Cockroaches anniversary party without some pants.

11. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have shirts, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as Donut Plains and, uh, the Choco Island everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help Donut Plains and should help the Choco Island and the Koopa Beach countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our...

12. Spikey

United States
  13. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Why you should give it to me?

You shouldn't. Because it will end up being cut up to into pieces and thrown into the fire that me and my aunt use to warm ourselves.

If I win, please send to:

Alleyway Between Apartments
    This Side Up Street
    Crapsville, Mississippi

lol, mthrnite!

Edit -

I'm only able to browse GBAtemp because the library has the free use of computers & internet.
    I usually get kicked out around noon because complaints about how I smell (haven't showered in weeks).
    ...just if you was wonderin' [​IMG]

14. lagman

Mexico
    It makes you look chubby [​IMG] sorry, it's a no-no.

15. Spikey

United States
    It's okay, I'm married. I don't care what I look like. [​IMG]

16. lagman

Mexico
    ok, it's yours then:
    [​IMG]

oh wait, It's not mine, sorry [​IMG]

17. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    because I lost in the first round, and you would take pitty on me, a poor,losing, helpless, video-game T-shirt collecting, soul. (what size is it?)

18. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Can I ask why you are giving the shirt away? I can't think why you would do this!?

19. Spikey

United States
    It doesn't fit him, and he wants to give it to someone who can/will wear it. [​IMG]

EDIT: That person is me, BTW! I'll wear it!!! [​IMG]

20. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    It fits me... And I love it and wanted it, but my internet was shut off the day before the tourney. And I need a new shirt anyway, we're poor so I've been wearing the same one for 5 years. T_T

And I'll give you acess to shadowboy'z secret hentai dungeon! XD