[WINNER ANNOUNCED] Win a Limited Edition Avicii Switch Lite

-Update 25.08.2020-

We have now drawn the lucky winner using Gleam's built in randomizer, so without further ado, the lucky winner of the custom Avicii Switch Lite is.. [prebreak]1[/prebreak]

GBAtemp member @Necron

Congratulations, I will pass your information over to Wired!

Thanks to everyone who entered and look out for more awesome competitions on GBAtemp in 2020.

-----Original Post-----

GBAtemp has partnered up with Wired Productions to bring you the chance to win an exclusive limited edition Avicii Invector branded Switch Lite:

Avicii_Switch_Lite_BeautyImage_1080p.jpg

Critically acclaimed rhythm game, AVICII Invector comes to Nintendo Switch September 8th on what would have been the powerhouse performer’s 31st birthday. AVICII Invector Encore Edition features ten new tracks, including music from his posthumous album, Tim

Only 5 of these Switch Lites have been created, and for your chance to win one use any of the following methods to enter:

GBAtemp Limited Edition Avicii Invector: Encore Edition Switch Lite Giveaway

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time I've ever heard of this guy is when he died. I'm guessing he made music?
I'm just hearing about him for the first time now. When I started reading the post I was like 'who is this guy?' and then I got to the posthumous line and was like "oh, no matter, he dead".

Brayton1-7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
im trying to enter via steam but it says cant use limited steam accounts, not sure what it means by that.

and he was a Swedish dj/producer famous world wide for tracks such as wake me up, hey brother and loads more, pretty sure you would have heard them in clubs/pubs.

he died at the age of 28, suicide.
How much have you spent on Steam before? It has to be a minimum of $5. I'm limited too, I only use it to redeem codes.

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
The only time I've ever heard of this guy is when he died. I'm guessing he made music?
An extremely talented Dj,his music was too advanced for his age,almost carl cocksy to me,too bad kids thinks suicide is a good solution,

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Really nice we're doing giveaways like this! Reminds me of the good old days.

Avicii was a humble, very cool guy. I used to watch some of his tutorials on music production. Dude was really talented, what happened to him was a tragedy. Hope his estate gets a large cut from the use of his image/music.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
How disrespectful to make money off a dead musician. I'm ashamed GBAtemp is doing this.
You realise that first, this was not GBAtemp's idea, and also it's a fucking giveaway? Who is making money off this?

What is wrong about paying hommage to a deceased artist?
As far as I know there are countless products and rerelease from artists that passed away. You know, compilation albums, greatest hits, never released before, posthumous albums?

What is wrong about sharing his legacy?

In my opinion the fact that this is very exclusive shows that they wanted to make something special in his honour.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You realise that first, this was not GBAtemp's idea, and also it's a fucking giveaway? Who is making money off this?

What is wrong about paying hommage to a deceased artist?
As far as I know there are countless products and rerelease from artists that passed away. You know, compilation albums, greatest hits, never released before, posthumous albums?

What is wrong about sharing his legacy?

In my opinion the fact that this is very exclusive shows that they wanted to make something special in his honour.
I looked into it, and saw this was released before he left us. Initially thought it was just fast money using the image of a famous dead guy. So, I'm not as upset about it. The system looks very good.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
How disrespectful to make money off a dead musician. I'm ashamed GBAtemp is doing this.

His family get control of his estate and can control all this kind of stuff. They get to decide what to do with his likeness and image and music and obviously they okayed this. Michael Jacksons family control what happens with his music and stuff too. Same kinda thing.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
His family get control of his estate and can control all this kind of stuff. They get to decide what to do with his likeness and image and music and obviously they okayed this. Michael Jacksons family control what happens with his music and stuff too. Same kinda thing.
That isn't true at all because if that were the case they would get a lot more than just a small 25 percent of the profit while the rest goes to the studio.

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nice looking prize... but not worth the cumulative amount of data that Gleam would pillage from the various accounts I'd need to allow them access to.
Exactly my thought, I use a DNS service that blocks ads, malware and trackers and gleamDOTio is on their list, so i'll skip this giveaway lol

i got nothing to hide lol. plus, i can just add their bodies to m-
Oh! you think you have "nothing" to hide? You better watch this documentary and open your eyes

Last edited by Gon Freecss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...