Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I being unfair by excluding Brazilian, Mexican and Italian tempers?
Its going from my personal earnings, and I dont want it these to get lost and wasted..

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I would like to dedicate this to me.

You are awesome. And I love you.

Sincerely, myself.

I'm just kidding, give Densetsu some love!
The first step to loving others is loving yourself. Just saying.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:

Which is why I'm forever alone.
frown.gif

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Sterling said:

Which is why I'm forever alone.
frown.gif

Nothing wrong with "loving yourself" once in a while.
wink.gif
Umm...that's what she said.

With that aside, my love goes to Vulpes Abnocto.

Back in 2010 when I "accidentally" stumbled upon the temp, I was looking for a guide on how to get YSMenu to work on my R4. Sure enough, I did find a nice little guide by triassic911, and I was on my way. I became a bit curious with the site, though, and I stayed a little longer. I registered on multiple forums before, and I left mainly because the mods were crap. They expressed favoritism towards some of the members (I wasn't one of their favorites, but I sure as hell know I wasn't on their shitlist). When I started to lurk on the forums, however, I saw many of the members making useful contributions, instead of inciting a flamewar, and mods actually closing unnecessary/useless threads before they derailed or turned into grounds for flamewars. I immediately realized I might be able to stay for a couple weeks; however, I never thought of creating an account. I really didn't know why I held off joining the forum, I really don't. Maybe it was because I am quite shy, but oh well. I continued to lurk, and so I remained as a shadow in the crowd.

While I checked on the EOF, I read some of the threads (and the hilarious comments made by Vulpes and the community). He is the most active mod I've ever seen, and in the EOF he would never fail to make me smile. His presence was excellence itself. The EOF is fun and games, but when things go too far, these topics would be closed, which I respect from the moderator I admire. In other threads, again, I would see helpful contributions from the community and from the staff, but I would never see anyone as knowledgeable as the members of this community. I was impressed. One part of me wanted to join and (hopefully) be a part of the community, while the other was holding me back...

Well, one year later, I finally registered an account on the temp, Hydreigon. I was very reluctant to post at first, but I eventually did, starting with my introduction. I gradually opened up to the community, and began posting on the forums (and the EOF). I was very happy that I joined, and I still am glad that I joined 3 months ago. Looking back now, I think the reason behind joining the temp was main due to my inspiration of Vulpes Abnocto.

I aspire to be just like you (someday...), and I would really like to thank you. You were the first person on the temp that I really knew, even though no one may know me personally. You inspired me to join, when I thought otherwise. Most importantly, you inspired me to be myself.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydreigon:
*squirms in his seat*
Man, stuff like this really makes me uncomfortable.
From day one I've just been a pretty average guy.
I don't write homebrew, or translate games, or post news, or make tutorials, or post scene releases.
None of the stuff that is actually important to this site.
I just like talking to people, working out problems, and making people laugh.
But I'm really touched by your words, and by the comments from others.
Touched way down deep where I'm soft like a woman.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Vulpes, just because you're a regular guy, doesn't mean you don't deserve the praise you get. There are many people on the internet, and most have a vice that makes their panties bunch up. Yours just happens to be a few controversial subjects that tend to be closed down fast. You don't oft find people as cool as you are on the interwebs.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I don't write homebrew, or translate games, or post news, or make tutorials, or post scene releases.
None of the stuff that is actually important to this site.
You need someone average to balance out the others.
nyanya.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Do I need to remind you guys of Densetsu9000?
p1ngpong for Super Admin.
KingdomBlade said:
It's going to be difficult to do this kind of thing with two word names though.. XD.. maybe I'll do a Costello one on this format. Or maybe even an long Another World or Densetsu9000 one.
Guild McCommunist said:
...give Densetsu some love!Who is this "Densetsu" guy? I'm telling ya, he doesn't exist!

@Vulpes: I see watcha did thar!

I appreciate the love guys, but I'm not worthy. I think a lot of members who know me think I'm a "nice guy," but it's the ones who put up with backlash for the executive decisions they make who are putting themselves on the line for the greater good of the community. Just off the top of my head (obvious ones aside like Toni, Costello et al) I know VA, TD, mthr and p1ng have gotten a lot of crap in the past from certain st00pid members just for fighting the good fight. I'm sure this has happened to many others. Until I have members publicly bashing me for regulating, I feel I can't consider myself a "true" asshole mod. I should also note that much of the staff has taken a more behind-the-scenes approach to helping the site, so many of them do way more than they are recognized for.

Quick, someone create a "Let's Flame Densetsu9000" topic! It'll be my initiation so I can come out on the other side baptized by fire.

QUOTE(Sterling @ Jun 5 2011, 05:07 PM) The first step to loving others is loving yourself. Just saying.
The question is, which hand?
ninja.gif

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Jun 6 2011, 12:55 AM)
But I'm really touched by your words, and by the comments from others.
Touched way down deep where I'm soft like a woman.
I think being a "average guy" and interacting with the community as if you were one despite your high position is what makes you awesome. Hell, if you ran for POTUS, I'd vote for you! Sometimes I think I need to be more outgoing with people here, but I guess as a ninja I have to keep a certain mystery about myself as well.

*runs off to regulate a bitch and be an average guy*

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Dedicated to Dave with the Trolly:
and all round nice guy, round being the key word, every year i see him about rolling from thread to thread sorting out the noobs and law breakers. he always listens and doesn't speak unless needing to (guessing to conserve energy and possibly falling asleep) if only we could make things better for him. we all have are day *loading gun noise* and he can take a joke.....right

happy.gif

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to dedicate this post to Rydian because he always seems to have answers to questions I'm asking before I ask them. It is nice to see someone who takes so much time to throughly and thoughfully answer even the noobiest questions. I really appreciate how he is alwaysactive in the forums helping people out and giving us his valid opinions. So Rydian, I thank you!

Edit: Sorry for mispelling your name Rydian
yaynds.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pah, hush your face, ninja
mad.gif

I'd like to give some dedication to Vulpes, Dave, raul, FAST and Toni, too, but then this post would be longer than expected.
As your protégéé Densetsu9000, I must say a few words. I don't wish to win anything, but I do wish to give my dedication.

If it weren't for Densetsu, I would still be an angry, intimidating, short-tempered... pervert. My temper has nothing to do with my perversion, but some background anyway. I always thought Japanese taught me patience, but you taught me patience and tolerance. It was just Inori and I taking on the world, but when we met you, we realized we didn't need to take on the world and that we weren't on our own. You give and give, never take. You help others for free, simply out of kindness with no strings attached, no debt to pay. Until we started speaking, the world was a very ugly place to me. If you hadn't shared your experience, I would still see the world as an ugly place filled with hate and the only way to get by, was on hate. There's a beautiful side to the world and I thank you for showing that to me. I was on the verge of giving up on the temp before we spoke. Thank you for giving me the patience and tolerance I did not give others. As someone who idolizes you, I can truly say you are the definition of a true mentor. Thank you

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@phoenixgoddess27
your entry is automatically accepted because you dedicated something to Densetsu9000!

No one complained about the fact that I excluded Brazil, Mexico and Italy so I guess its fine
smile.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chanser, Though I've had very little contact with him, I've noticed how much work he puts into the Scene releases and the news. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Rydian, He writes so many useful guides, FAQs etc and is one of the most helpful members on the site and also isn't deterred easily (the wood licence issue for example)

Trollydave, Though not as active as he used to be, I have never seen a modding by him I've not agreed with, he also is pretty informed on many things and is good for a chat in the Shoutbox.

Vulpes Abnocto, the most dedicated mod here, there were times where you could see 8 closed threads in a row with his closing post at the end, like with TD I have never seen a modding by him I've not agreed with. He may have a very strange sense of humour but we all love him.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Very nice of you to take the initiative Tanveer
smile.gif

This is long overdue, and although I have said it a few times before I would like to say it here again

I have dealt with many of the staff here in GBAtemp, but no one has impacted my life greatly more than FAST6191. He is a very remarkable guy. He is one of very few people actually takes all the time needed to say what needs to be said/explained very thoroughly.
There is an old saying that goes something like: "Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you’ve fed him for a lifetime". That's what FAST6191 method of communication was with me when I needed some help. He didnt only give me answers, he made me learn and taught me alot.
I dont think words do FAST6191 much justice, and I for one will always be in dept to him.
He has helped numerous times, but the most notable ones are those with EZFlash IV and V a few years back, and those with computer building almost two years ago.
I was more than a noob when it comes to building computers. Although I was very interested in doing so, it was my first time and I have no idea what all these parts mean or do. FAST6191 along with some other members helped me understand what I was actually doing, while they could've simply just chosen some parts for me and said "here you go".

I've said thank you to FAST6191 a lot of times, and I would love to say it once more. When I last thanked him, he told me:"I am glad you got things sorted and have stuck with it- being able to build/fix/troubleshoot and otherwise sort computers is a skill always worth having." I would love for him to know that I wouldnt have able to do so if it wasnt for him. In fact, I would have probably ended up abandoning that project.

By the way, I'm now writing this from the same PC he helped me build, and it is as stong as ever
smile.gif

If anyone is interested, here is a reference to one of my PC threads:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178581&hl=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1