Win a DS Lite Skin at MoonBooks.net

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by bobslack, Nov 25, 2007.

Nov 25, 2007
  1. bobslack
    OP

Member bobslack GBAtemp Regular

The Moon Books Project is having a competition to win a DS Lite skin. For more information check out http://moonbooks.net

2. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Um, I just looked up the post history of this guy, and it's over 90% promotion of his Moon Books website. Check it out yourself:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Search&na...=posts&hl=&st=0

Personally, I don't like it when people only come here to promote their own website. However, seeing as this has been going on for a while, I guess it's allowed? Could someone enlighten me on this?

Edit: the rules say this: "Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission." So the question is, do you have permission?

3. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    He has my permission, for what it's worth, though we don't "officially" as a site promote him, I've spoken with him on many occasions and I like what he does.
    His site is free, doesn't require registration to download, is not in direct competition with our site, and offers a great service to our community.
    I don't see a problem here, but if it bothers you, or if you want a "last word" on it, contact one of the admins here and ask.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    While I don't like the fact that he only posts here to advertise his site, at least its a very useful site that is free and pop up free.

5. bobslack
    OP

Member bobslack GBAtemp Regular

Thanks for the support. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the website.

6. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Fair enough to say you want to support the site, but then I'd say you should put it on the front page under the "Recommended Sites". And in return he should do the same on his site. That's usually how these things go.