Gaming Will Zelda - Skyward Sword be cancelled?

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Nintendo has done things like this before.

With the Wii2 obviously being shown this year, is there a risk for Skyward Sword to be disbanded, to be released with the new console instead?
I fear this can be a scenario. Of course I don´t hope this will happen, but you never know...=/

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think it will be canceled, as the official Nintendo Magazine (UK) shows a possible release date of october 2011 which is quite plausible. Also the so called "Project Café" doesn't mean there will be no Wii Games anymore - As the DSi came around, there were still normal DS Games and even now where the 3DS is out there are DS Games

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
in... october?

WTF! IT SHOULD HAVE COME OUT LAST YEAR, NOW THEY BUMP IT TO OCTOBER???

dang, they already bumped it all the way to may
frown.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
I don't think it will be canceled, as the official Nintendo Magazine (UK) shows a possible release date of october 2011 which is quite plausible. Also the so called "Project Café" doesn't mean there will be no Wii Games anymore - As the DSi came around, there were still normal DS Games and even now where the 3DS is out there are DS Games
The DSi is still as DS, though. A better example would be the 3DS, which is not a DS.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nah. Twilight Princess came to close Gamecube´s life. Then they ported it to Wii.

Most likely they´re finally saying goodbye to Wii Nintendo System.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
But it's not like the DSi was the official next handheld. It wasn't suppose to be an all out replacement for the DS/DSL from what I can see.

On Topic: I don't think it'll be cancelled.... I'm willing to bet that before E3 2011 or during it, we'll get a bit more info on the game.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
LinkFan16 said:
They said they was gonna be a Wii successor coming in 2012, it was a possibility, yes. But not anymore.
I proceed to quote in case there's any doubt
Nintendo Investor Relations noteTo whom it may concern:

Re: Wii's successor system

Nintendo Co., Ltd. has decided to launch in 2012 a system to succeed Wii, which the company has sold 86.01 million units on a consolidated shipment basis between its launch in 2006 and the end of March 2011.

We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles.

Sales of this new system have not been included in the financial forecasts announced today for the fiscal term ending March 2012.

Now, about the OP, they could do it. Twilight Princess was delayed for more than a year to be on the Wii after all.
But I doubt they will. They know they pissed the fans off when they did it with TP.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Twilight Princess suffered this because the Wii has the same graphics capabilities as the GC so it was easier to port it. But now I dont see something happening to Skyward Sword cuz(IF THE RUMORS ARE TRUE) the Wii successor is a lot more powerful than the Wii and I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo want Skyward Sword in the "Wii 2" instead of port it they'll remake it with HD graphics and that means they don't need to delay Skyward Sword for the Wii

But I don't see that happening cuz I think Nintendo want the Wii die with an awesome exclusive game for it. I mean it will be only for the Wii IMO

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebz said:
LinkFan16 said:
But it's not like the DSi was the official next handheld. It wasn't suppose to be an all out replacement for the DS/DSL from what I can see.

On Topic: I don't think it'll be cancelled.... I'm willing to bet that before E3 2011 or during it, we'll get a bit more info on the game.

The DSi did have enough new stuff to get exclusive games:
camera
Motion Sensors using cameras.

I wish they made more DSi Only games

but there is plenty of DSi Ware

ON TOPIC:I doubt they will cancel it, it will release before the Wii 2

Posts merged

KuRensan said:
QUOTE(Patxinco @ Apr 26 2011, 03:15 PM)
It's 25 Zelda anniversary, this year, it must be released this year, for sure.

I think it's more likely they will use Ocarina of Time to celebrate the 25 Zelda anniversary ^^
Why not both.. I mean relaseing 2 great Zelda games for the 25th birthday is a great idea

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no chance of Skyward Sword being canceled from the Wii.

The game was built around the Wii Remote, and their not just going to just scrap away the best part of the game to put it on the new console. I doubt there will even be a version of it on the Wii 2.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with the wii2 being downward compatible apparently (supporting like 300 controllers this time), there wouldnt be a problem to just up the graphics and release it on wii2

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dropper said:
I would rather they just cancel the title and release it for Project Cafe. Seriously, I don't want wait another 4 years for a proper next-gen Zelda title.

if they release it for project starbucks, we'll never get a proper title. you'll always be playing a previous generation zelda on a new console, just like twilight.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
The new console will be backward compatible so there is no sense for them to port the game to their new console when it already works on it anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse