Will you sell your 3DS(XL) when you get a new 3DS? (Poll)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DjoeN, Jan 6, 2015.

?

Will you sell your 3DS(XL) when you get a new 3DS?

  1. Yes

    26.4%
  2. No

    44.4%
  3. I don't know yet

    25.0%
  4. I really don't care! It's a stupid question anyway!

    4.2%
  1. DjoeN
    OP

    DjoeN Captain Haddock!

    Member
    5,169
    1,486
    Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Will you be selling your 3DS (XL) when you get a New 3DS?
    I wonder how many people sell there older handheld when he gets a new one?

    (I don't sell older consoles, i collect them)
     


  2. Yeloazndevil

    Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    177
    42
    Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    California
    no I won't sell my 3ds xl when I get a n3ds xl, I don't like losing money selling something for less than I paid for especially if its a handheld or console
     
  3. Nemix77

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I don't own an old 3DS (XL) so I can't vote. :unsure:
     
  4. tatumanu

    tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    463
    130
    Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    eventually, when i manage to do a system transfer without updating to a no exploitable fw, i will have to hold on to it until then.
     
  5. hippy dave

    hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

    Member
    2,587
    1,803
    Apr 30, 2012
    If I do get a new3ds, my lady wants my old3ds.
     
  6. 19cookies

    19cookies GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    370
    61
    Aug 12, 2013
    England
    Probably not because it's a Pikachu one :P I'll be selling my US XL when I get a US New XL though :)
     
  7. Dualin

    Dualin Member

    Newcomer
    37
    9
    Oct 14, 2014
    Nope. I already have a "new" XL and at this moment I would rather sell it and keep my old 4.4 XL
     
  8. Nemix77

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    To each their own...:wacko::wacko::wacko:
     
  9. Dualin

    Dualin Member

    Newcomer
    37
    9
    Oct 14, 2014
    Not really :wacko: The reason is no Gateway release for it yet and no mugen battery pack.

    If those things come out for the "new" then I consider selling the old XL
     
  10. Xenon Hacks

    Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    7,072
    3,386
    Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Depends on what the stock firmware is for our US release
     
  11. Nemix77

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    So why did you buy a New 3DS in the first place, when you have good working low firmware 3DS XL already and you knew there is not a stable flash card working on it yet.

    It should have been an easy decision for you to hang onto your old 3DS XL and wait it out till the New 3DS gets a proper flash card and a decent price drop/sale.
     
  12. Dualin

    Dualin Member

    Newcomer
    37
    9
    Oct 14, 2014
    Im afraid by then the firmware of the units being sold would exceed 9.2
     
  13. omegart

    omegart GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    292
    94
    Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    I sold mine after bought the new one, I don't want to have two copy of the same console
     
  14. Nemix77

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Your lost, mistake and wallet has nothing to do with the New 3DS. The New 3DS itself is superior to the old 3DS is every way...

    You basically have two options, hang on to your New 3DS with 9.2 firmware and wait for a suitable flash card or sell it and call yourself stupid for making not one but two bad calls.
     
  15. WiiCube_2013

    WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    5,943
    1,337
    Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I'm going to sell my 2DS and the New 3DS Ambassador Edition although in the future I might purchase a New 3DS XL but I don't really care much for handheld gaming.
     
  16. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    14,135
    9,478
    Sep 23, 2013
    personally i had 1 XL and 2 OG 4.x 3ds's sold one of my OG 3ds consoles already a few weeks back to cover a chunk of the n3DS price, and should have the other OG sold soon, keeping my 4.x XL, and already bought my n3DS XL

    ....i don't see an option for that though, so i just said yes :P
     
  17. shinkodachi

    shinkodachi On permanent leave

    Member
    1,478
    402
    Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Already sold my 3DS XL today. Luckily the news from Gateway that you can downgrade to 4.5 fw helped the resale value so I got a nice sum for my 3DS XL (it was still on 9.2.0 fw). :) Now just need someone to hook me up with an Ambassador New 3DS...
     
  18. Namodok

    Namodok Newbie

    Newcomer
    4
    0
    Jan 6, 2015
    United States
    Will be getting rid of my Pikachu XL once the N3DS releases in US. Stupidly upgraded to 9.4. Also have a freshly downgraded pink 3DS I'll be holding on to.
     
  19. fvig2001

    fvig2001 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    72
    11
    Aug 21, 2006
    If I could change the region and the exploit didn't need a Wifi connection. I might sell.
     
  20. kirekun

    kirekun Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    77
    24
    Nov 2, 2014
    Since its 9.4 and N3ds might come with lower versions,
    maybe I'll just sell it :3