Hacking Will you never burn Wii games again because of the USB HD Loader?

Will you never burn Wii games again because of the USB HD Loader?

• Yes, my external HD is the only source for Wii games

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I'll use both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't want to use Wii games with an external HD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Me neither. Never again burn a game, just a waste now
tongue.gif

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
I'll never burn Wii games again with my external HD. Thank god for faster load times

I see your point but I think I will need to see higher game compatibility with the USB loader before I stop burning for good. At present I can't get MOH2 or Sam and Max to work for example but no doubt in the future I will stop burning. 1) To avoid wasting discs and 2) to hopefully increase the life of my Wii by not using the drive.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not converting to the loader yet. I have a 300GB external I'm gonna use but it just seems way too unstable right now with a pretty mixed compatibility. Plus, I have 70+ DVDs burnt already and they all work perfectly fine with the backup launcher, I don't really have a need for the HD loader yet
tongue.gif

B

BryceOne

Yes, I'll always want a backup on DVD.. You're HD could go bad, or just need to install to a newer HD.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
no because loading games via usb is slow and a lot of games do not work with the loader, it's the same problem on the ps3 with ps2 games, half the games don't load, it's just not practical enough and all my games are on dvd anyway it would takes a long time to rip them to a hard drive, and speaking of hard drives i don't even have a spare external anyway.

oh and the fact that it's not easy to get the loader to work on the wii currently anyway, you need linux or something?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
no because loading games via usb is slow Waninkoko says it's faster than 6x and a lot of games do not work with the loader, Quite a bit work. it's the same problem on the ps3 with ps2 games, half the games don't load, Oh yes they do. it's just not practical enough and all my games are on dvd anyway it would takes a long time to rip them to a hard drive, Much shorter than you think. and speaking of hard drives i don't even have a spare external anyway.

oh and the fact that it's not easy to get the loader to work on the wii currently anyway, you need linux or something? Despite the fact that Linux owns, there's a Windows port of the Linux app and the loader allows you to install games from a disc.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
With the wifi connection in my house being next to useless ... until USB Loader offers "multiple USB device" support, I will still need to use DVD backups for games I play regularly online (such as Mario Kart) and games like RB2 and Sing It.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
thund3rcat said:
Still waiting for cheat support, once that comes, HD is the only choice.

LOL I find it so funny that so many people are saying this. Can't you just play the game properly without cheating?

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still have a giant stack of 30+ DVDs to use, and I don't have a large external hard drive at the moment, so I'll probably stick with DVDs until the USB Loader becomes the best possible way to play games.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
thund3rcat said:

LOL I find it so funny that so many people are saying this. Can't you just play the game properly without cheating?

I was just think that. I haven't used cheat on Wii yet. Dont see the point.
I've converted 100% to HDD Loading. Much faster load times in games. Dunno what jalaneme was on about saying USB is slow? Dont think you understand the actually speed of the Wii's DVD Drive Vs USB2.0

All the games I have in my HDD work 100%, so for me compatibility is perfect, I often see that its crap games I will never want to play are the ones that have issues.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I try the games with the USB Loader before burn, that's for sure, if the games sucks, then I'll just waste my dow....err......buying time, and not a DVD, they're not cheap and each sucker game damage the enviroment...!!!
tongue.gif

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
sgwiiboy said:
thund3rcat said:

I was just think that. I haven't used cheat on Wii yet. Dont see the point.
I've converted 100% to HDD Loading. Much faster load times in games. Dunno what jalaneme was on about saying USB is slow? Dont think you understand the actually speed of the Wii's DVD Drive Vs USB2.0

All the games I have in my HDD work 100%, so for me compatibility is perfect, I often see that its crap games I will never want to play are the ones that have issues.

Um, he probably is skeptical about this new method and underestimates the speed.
I don't blame him.
I didn't expect it to be this fast.
I thought it'd be about as fast as disks until I did a double take at the video loading time.
I tested it out for myself and I'm amazed at how much faster things load in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
Also, since the software is relatively new, he probably would much rather wait than researching it, seeing what works, then trying it out.

Well, I use the USB Loader for some games. I only have a 4GB flash drive.
I have an 8GB Micro-SD card but the reader won't work with the Wii (I think.)
I tried formatting to wbfs with my computer. It works with my flash drive but it doesn't work with my Micro-SD card and SD reader.
I'd love to have Brawl, City Folk, and Super Paper Mario on it (if there's enough space.)
My mom is definitely considering letting me buy it xD
I told her I wouldn't need her to buy any more disks after I get the USB HDD.
I definitely prefer the USB loader over the backup launcher because of the increase in speed.
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, when I leave my house with the backup launcher/disk channel, (3.4x speed) it takes 14 buses (the bus loading screen pictures)
to load the open world.
With the USB loader, I see 1 bus and it appears for a split second.
It's SO much faster. I couldn't even believe it when I played it the first time. The backup loader makes it annoying to play.
I quit playing City Folk for this reason alone. I couldn't be a legit player having to wait 10+ seconds every time I went into Nook's shop, and then 10+ more when I left...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sgwiiboy said:
thund3rcat said:

Dude, Brawl texture hacks. Ocarina functionality can offer a lot more than simple WiFi cheating.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me, half of my favorite game work with the USB loader and the other don't. But what I love from the USB loader is that whe can change game without change the dvd... i'm too lazy!

For the speed, i dind't see a real difference from my external hard drive and the dvd.

Anyway, half of game is better than zero! I just hope that Waninkoko will update his loader to have more compatibility with game.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I voted for never burning again, but if I find a game that doesn't work on the HDD and that I want to play then I'll burn it.
So far the only games I haven't had work on the HDD are Simple Wii Series Vol 4 and 6.

As to speed, yes, at USB2 it is faster than the DVD drive. I noticed a significant reduction in load times for MadWorld.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'll still burn games cos
1. i like to have a copy on hand in case something goes wrong
2. i like making covers
3. not all games work on usb loader that's where my chip comes in
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News