Hacking Will you get banned for playing backups online?

jameslieb1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about softmodding my Wii U, but is there any risk of getting banned for playing online? I have a softmodded Wii and clearly with that there's VERY little to no risk, how does the Wii U compare?

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Historically, Nintendo has only banned people who cheat/hack while playing online because they disturb the ecosystem of paying customers. I would expect (but it's just an assumption, as xBASSxMONSTAx mentioned, the possibility exists for them to ban just for online play of backups) that they would do the same with this generation.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thinking about softmodding my Wii U, but is there any risk of getting banned for playing online? I have a softmodded Wii and clearly with that there's VERY little to no risk, how does the Wii U compare?
You cannot softmod the WiiU, only the vWii part ( wich is essential just a Wii )

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No guarantees but vwill will probably be ok, if they gonna ban will prob be for actual wii u backups.

Also for wii when you were banned there are stories about people calling nintendo and getting a lecture and a one time unban.

Steve Ackman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would they know you are playing a backup though? I play mario kart online as a backup. I own the game, but it's easier not to have to put the disc in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.