1. Cdiddy1122

Cdiddy1122 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm gonna wait cuz I'm broke and cant afford the ps5 right now, even if I could find it in stores.

OldBoi likes this.
  2. pickinanameainteasy

pickinanameainteasy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My friend bought one at release, but he buys like every game when it comes out cuz he wants to try everything. I'm much more patient and always wait on new consoles. I told him years ago that the hype for cyberpunk was crazy and that it would probably be a disappointment and he said he agreed then bought it immediately when it came out and hated like 5 minutes later and got a refund. some people never learn lol

OldBoi and Cdiddy1122 like this.
  3. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Many people are complaint about color and size. It doesnt matter to me. It looks great and different. No complaint here. Look at animals. They dont complain. The people always complain about something. Oh boy.

Last edited by spotanjo3, Feb 19, 2021
    OldBoi likes this.
  4. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    *downloads sfm model of car*

OldBoi and CallmeBerto like this.
  5. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    im not even impressed with the PS5 ................ atm ive gone back to PC ...

OldBoi and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  6. OldBoi

OldBoi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    With all these good pros n cons, I don't know what I'd do.

7. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've bought every Sony console at or around launch, and I had planned to buy a PS5 and even had the money saved back and waited until someone had one in stock online I went on walmart.com at the time they were in stock added one to cart and I got a spinning circle and could never load it in my cart and it was removed. Now a few months have passed I'm having some second thoughts on it since I got a gaming PC last summer. The hands down game I want the most is the new God of War I've beaten all of them including the one on PS4. But that's one game and new Horizon will be on PS4. I'm not sure what else would make me want one at least of the games that have been announced. I'm not a huge fan of Ratchet or Gran Turismo. I like Uncharted they seem to be done with that series unless they bring it back with other devs. What else. I would have some interest in another Spider-man but Miles Morales is also on PS4.

Having said that my PS4 that isn't on CFW needs a new HDMI port and that will cost me at least $100. Like others have said in this thread I'm sure I'll get one sooner or later but no time soon just not enough reasons to yet.

Last edited by JustJay, Feb 21, 2021
  8. xXxSwagnemitexXx

xXxSwagnemitexXx aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

United Kingdom
    honestly i might wait for a slim, partially because im broke right now, and partially because i'll actually be able to store it somewhere then.

9. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Sold my pro with 2nd ctrl for 400 bucks and gut a Ps5 - wasnt a big deal moneywise and since it‘s backwards compatible no need to keep a ps4.

10. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Fan

As experience tells us from the Ps3 models , slim versions are more stable and optimised. I know Ps3 slim lost backwards compatibility and all that crap but how mani working Fat ps3 you can find now. My local thrift shop has like 4 fat ps3 with YLD or RLD to be harvested for parts.

The ps1 and ps2 fat were superior to their slim counterparts I will say that.

I got a FAT PS4 it came faulty from factory but it was problem that showed up ocasionally, and I couldn't put the system in sleep mode, Sony would not fix it as the system mostly worked. So I traded in my ps4 fat in a GAME and got a slim. Ever since then I had no problems, smooth ride.

I feel like FAT consoles are the beta test of a generation now. Then we get Slim as the real final product.

11. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    For longevity it‘s always best to get the last revision - but I don‘t wanna wait the next 5-6 years. However: Things have certainly changed: There is no more need to keep an PS4 since the PS5 plays all the games. It‘s different compared to the old days where backwards compatibility wasn‘t an option (talking about Sony).

12. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    I'm not going to buy it even if they come out with a slim lol.

13. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Dunno Tc where you live, but if you are in EU the only option is get from scalpers at floated price.

I would rather wait for PS5 PRO, the current MODEM design is ugly as F.

14. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Fan

My concerns are more on the durability. I collect shit so I will keep my ps4 around even if I get a ps5 and also those hard drives fit nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - right, model,