Will you be getting an NX if it won't have third party support?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Taleweaver, Dec 15, 2015.

?

Will you be getting an NX if it won't have third party support?

1. Yes. I always get the console for their franchises to begin with

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Unsure. I may, depending on the line-up, but I'll wait

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. No way. I won't be getting it unless there are some STRONG ports on the system

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. lololol...it's way too early to tell! :P

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. Other, namely...

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Taleweaver
    OP

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Well...the question speaks for itself: nintendo doesn't have a great track record of getting 3rd party support. What's more: nintendo consoles are usually bought for nintendo games, which turns away the large gaming companies (who have trouble making a profit on the system), and so on.

On the wiiu, it was initially said that they were going to win back the hardcore gaming crowd by stepping up the third party support. However, that quickly turned sour after sales got known and sony and microsoft released their own consoles.

I don't know if nintendo is going to try the "strong third party support" again, but let's say for argument sake that it won't have that, and the NX will mostly if not exclusively feature whatever games nintendo produces for the thing (Mario, Zelda, donkey kong, and so on). The question is: will that be enough for you to grab one?

2. videogame57

videogame57 Sword Princess

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    I read it's going to run an Android based OS specifically to increase developer support.

3. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Really depends on the hardware and its library. Wii U was a mistake, but a good one at that thankfully (Mario Kart 8 is still great to play online).

4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't own a Wii U, but honestly, if I did buy one, I wouldn't really care about multiplats, as I would just play them on my gaming PC. I just prefer them on my gaming PC over a console, as they look and run better on PC.

Same deal with NX. If Nintendo has a nice line up of games coming out for it, I'll probably pick one up. Don't care about multiplats

5. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    [​IMG]

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Yes, but i would own a nintendo system along side either a xbox one or a ps4, not only a nintendo system. You miss out on too many games owning only nintendo consoles.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  7. videogame57

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    How about a sixth answer like no I wont be getting it all. Unless this thing out performs the PS4 or at least is it's equal I won't even give it a second thought.

xfxmrl likes this.
  9. videogame57

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    There's no way Ninty would be foolish enough to release a 9th generation system that didn't at least outperform all 8th generation systems.

10. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Well clearly someone thought the Wii U would be a good idea so I would not put that behind them.

11. videogame57

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    The Wii U outperforms the PS3 and Xbox 360...

12. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I'll buy it because I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and I have faith they'll release some first class games for it on launch, such as one of their big franchises. A Metroid or Donkey Kong game, a Mario game. I don't know about Zelda, depending on the release date of the Wii U title and the NX's launch.

13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    It barely outperforms the 10 year old 360 and comes close to the PS3.

14. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I used to always buy Nintendo consoles at launch regardless of third party support or not but after the Wii U and 3DS I learned my lesson

Just wait until there are some actually playable titles lol

(Anyone remember 3DS launch day? There was Street Fighter and Nintendogs + Cats and like 7 other games that were all pretty mediocre. PilotWings was good tho)

15. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Same I sold it after a couple of days of messing around with it, truly awful

16. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Since the SNES days I've only really bought Nintendo for the platform exclusives - massive Ninty fan, so that's a yeah from me..
    HOWEVER..... last year we got Amiibo, this year we've been 'treated' to free to play 3DS games with every fukkin trick in the book (latest being Pokemon Picross, which I play, but my God the micro transactions get on my tits), and also we're now getting to the point on Wii U where you're only getting half the 'full game' if you don't buy the relevant Amiibos to go with it... This is NOT the Nintendo I grew up with: Hilariously, the NX could well be the best 3rd party supported machine since the SNES, but at the rate they're turning into money grabbing bar-stewards, I won't be bothering getting one!

17. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I wouldn't really be getting one to begin with, but honestly, the games that have me interested in Nintendo systems are first party titles.
    Third party titles often are multiplatform. Sucks when they aren't, though. Like let's say Monster Hunter fans, those are third-party but the 3DS ones don't exist on other platforms and probably never will. It could suck to not have such games being released.
    At least that doesn't affect me all that much because I don't really have any third-party titles Nintendo-exclusives that I love and can't go without, so I'd be ok with only first party.

But then again, much like how I never really care much about Nintendo's actual consoles (I'm a handheld and PC person), doubt I'd really get one. If anything family may buy one for Christmas a few years from now and I'll never really be using it, hah.

18. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Depends on the games for me. I have never once bought a Nintendo console for 3rd party games, but there were a few that I was happy to collect once I had the said console/handheld. But for the most part, 3rd party games on nintendo are just terrible.

What is your opinion on the DS? There was a lot of shovelware to be sure, but I think there were plenty of 3rd party games that did just fine there too. IMO way more than the SNES had.

Ammako and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  19. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Why people always mentions Android for consoles as if where the lord and savior??
    Didn't they knew of the Ouya??
    Are they even aware that Android is full of system vulnerabilities that leave everything open and fully hackeable?? Is even more hackeable than PC, isn't even funny.

A propietary OS is mandatory if you want full control and security over your hardware.

Ammako likes this.
  20. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I'll get one second hand after it had been out for a number of years and the games are going for cheap.