Will Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U be rare too?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jul 6, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The original on the Wii goes for a good chunk of money, and I've just checked Wonderful 101 and that too instead of decreasing it boosted up a bit.

I'm considering pre-ordering Xenoblade Chronicles X to own it and not miss out on this although I might not play it for a while.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I never really understood why this game is so expensive in the U.S - a quick search on eBay.co.uk shows that you can find a sealed copy for an acceptable price, including limited editions with the red classic controller pro. You can find it pretty easily on eBay.com, but you definitely have to look harder for a good deal.

To answer your question though, no, I don't think it will be nearly as rare. I think Xenoblade Chronicles were sort of an experiment for Nintendo - the Wii didn't have a whole lot of games like it in the west and the delay between various releases of the game makes me think that they were testing the waters. It was well-recieved (god knows why) and Nintendo's putting a lot of dough into hyping the sequel up, so I think it will be a "major" release for the Wii U. I don't think there will be any shortage of copies to buy, unless it completely sells out (which is a possibility, judging by the Wii U release schedule).

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It's a niche game releasing for an unpopular system. The amount of copies available is probably going to be limited, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up becoming rare.

You don't have to preorder it, though. You should have no trouble picking it up in the release month, and you could always just download it.

4. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    I think NOA will give this one a fair shot just considering the original's reception and sales (though limited). Can't wait to play it myself and like Gahars mentioned there's always the eShop now.

5. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Prolly, they did that with the Wii too. Most of the titles that would appeal to an audience beyond children and old people never saw their way to most main stream store shelves.

6. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Probably not.

7. razielleonhart

razielleonhart RazzyDee

May 21, 2008
    Xenoblade is not a rare game gamestop paid NOA so they can be the only ones to sell it and they only sold X copys then when more people wanted it they had it reprinted and sold it for 80 bucks a pop new/used they opened up new copys and sold them used

8. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    There's people who'd rather own physical copies than in digital format.

9. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    Oh yeah don't get me wrong I want to get a physical copy too, I'm just guessing that NOA will print more copies for this game that the original XB.

10. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    The original isn't even as rare as it's made out to be, so no, it won't be that rare

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

[​IMG]

It's $50 pre-owned and it's not even available online. That's pretty rare for a game that's only a couple years old.

12. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    There are people that make it out to be worth $90. It may be rare compared to most games, but its still not as rare as many people make it out to be. Also, Gamestop got a second print but they sell it as used because they could make more money off of it that way

13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Most copies in existence have been stained with pre-pubescent semen - silent victims of many circlejerks, broken beyond repair... [​IMG]

Gahars and Guild McCommunist like this.
  14. DonnyKD

DonnyKD GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2012
    United States

That's disgusting.

And possibly nonsensical.

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's an inside joke.

Kinda like the contents of Xenoblade Yawnicles. ;O;

16. DonnyKD
    This message by DonnyKD has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 22, 2014, Reason: you two lol.
    Jul 8, 2014
  17. Gahars
    This message by Gahars has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 22, 2014, Reason: you two lol.
    Jul 8, 2014
  18. Foxi4
    This message by Foxi4 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 22, 2014, Reason: you two lol.
    Jul 8, 2014
  19. DonnyKD
    This message by DonnyKD has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 22, 2014, Reason: you two lol.
    Jul 8, 2014
  20. DonnyKD
    Jul 8, 2014