Hacking Will X get me banned? If I do Y will Nintendo still detect me? [Information]

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they ban console or account or both from accessing online ever ?
Depends on what you did, but they can one or both. Although both make more sense since you can still go online by making a new Nintendo Account or redownload eShop games you've bought with another Switch.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: grytek

grytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Depends on what you did, but they can both one or both. Although both make more sense since you can still go online by making a new Nintendo Account or redownload eShop games you've bought with another Switch.
I see, I agree both makes sense. May be once we are completely hacked then we can change or fake our console ids to create new accounts for online ?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change? Yes. Fake? Doubtful. Its on the same level as trying to generate a valid credit card number.
Technically, you can generate a credit card number. We know the rules used to do so (at least for a few of them). The issue lies with the fact that credit card companies keep track of every number they have active, and only create a number when needed. they don’t just look for the rules. It’s entirely possible Nintendo only registers a number after a user first connects to their network with a rule-following key. (Obviously this is extremely unlikely, and we don’t know what rules the switch’s key would need to follow)

EDIT:
Gizmodo of all places gives a pretty good explanation as to how they get generated: https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/how-credit-card-numbers-work-1493331190/amp

Last edited by HamBone41801,

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to understand at a certain extent if Nintendo bans someone yes, bye bye PAID online services, however this is like a shot arrow in nintendo's knee. Wouldn't you just rely on backups at that point, screw their eshop they banned you from buying their digital games. Ok ill just get my own games...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to understand at a certain extent if Nintendo bans someone yes, bye bye PAID online services, however this is like a shot arrow in nintendo's knee. Wouldn't you just rely on backups at that point, screw their eshop they banned you from buying their digital games. Ok ill just get my own games...
True, but some people want to play with their friends and other people around the world. Maybe its not the best online service, but there's a huge online presence for MarioKart for example so its definitely worth it to a lot of people.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no guarantee if you won't get a ban.

You have to put Switch in airplane mode before start RCM and launch the CFW/homebrew, also don't dock your Switch because airplane mode isn't enabled in docked, so you can remove the WiFi setting if you like.

After you finished with homebrew, so clear the logs before go online.

Don't cheating in online games, don't mess with CDN, don't obtain the account from shady dealers nor use stolen credit card. Don't expose yourself to online game too much.

Again, there is no guarantee because we don't know about Nintendo's intentional to do anything to anyone who used RCM and CFW/homebrew.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no guarantee if you won't get a ban.

You have to put Switch in airplane mode before start RCM and launch the CFW/homebrew, also don't dock your Switch because airplane mode isn't enabled in docked, so you can remove the WiFi setting if you like.

After you finished with homebrew, so clear the logs before go online.

Don't cheating in online games, don't mess with CDN, don't obtain the account from shady dealers nor use stolen credit card. Don't expose yourself to online game too much.

Again, there is no guarantee because we don't know about Nintendo's intentional to do anything to anyone who used RCM and CFW/homebrew.
op said
No, deleting past history at the moment won't make you safe.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what he meant was going online using OFW, not CFW. You will never be safe going online with CFW but if you eliminate any traces that you ran CFW, then you can safely go online with OFW.

Yes, that what I means, but can't guarantee if it could eliminate all trace.

I didn't get a ban for save hacking on Xbox 360 and installed CFW on PS3 because I didn't play online at all, even I'm still connected to Xbox Live, but I disconnected the Xbox Live when hacked the save and let achievement unlocked complete before go online, also same goes with PS3, even I didn't get an email from Sony about CFW, even connected to PSN to buy games. I just limited myself from expose to online games that may be known and I took my privacy seriously.

I didn't get a ban for save hacking on PS4, even if connected to PSN, but you will likely to get a ban in specific game if you did crazy with save editing and expose yourself to multiplayer with max stats. COD started ban anyone from game for hacking, but not console ban, but it could be possible if they report to MS or Sony.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo keeps being retarded by giving us SD card storage... They haven't learned from the Wii days. Just put enough storage on the device to begin with, and then you'll be less likely to have your console hacked. As far as I know, the Wii Mini is still unhacked. Why? No SD card slot!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you're hacking your console you're always having the risk of getting banned. Especially if you go online with the hacked console. So either use it offline or you take the risk. I personally use my hacked consoles offline and wait a while until more is known before I go online. Safety always comes first for me but sure there is still a risk for me getting banned. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?