Will Wii's homebrew be much better than the DS's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TrainerAbu, May 19, 2008.

1. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Besides emulators, will it be better than the DS's?

Cuz I'm a n00b, and to me the DS homebrew seems lacking. I mean it's good, but not enough to freak out about the future of Wii homebrew about.

It seems like there are only a tiny amount of good homebrew on the DS that actually get played for over an hour. Like Pocket Physics, LemmingsDS, Virtual Game Maker DS, DS Organizer, Moonshell, Setsuzoku no Puzzle, and like 5 others.

Besides that, a lot of homebrew on DS seems to be small tech demos or small games that people with Game Maker could easily of made or small things barely anyone cares about like Minesweeper DS and stuff.

Besides emulators, is Wii homebrew mostly just gonna be sucky Tetris/Minesweeper/etc. games, media players, and other super small games/applications? Or will it be better than that?

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It will probably be better, as it has a little power, everyone has one, and it has bluetooth, Wifi, SD and USB.
    There's a bit more scope for apps than on the DS.

3. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You also have to realize the small power of the DS, you can't really do anything impressive with it. Hell, you can't even do proper SNES emulation on it.