Hacking Will we ever see CPS3?

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will we ever see games like SF3:3S and other capcom play system games emulated on the wii? It would be amazing if so.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii is called the gamecube 1.5 for a reason.... its like as strong as one and a half gamecubes... im pretty shure thats good enough to run cps3

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going over the specs.... wii is as strong as an xbox although i think xbox might have stronger graphic card...

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cris92x said:
going over the specs.... wii is as strong as an xbox although i think xbox might have stronger graphic card...

yeah you're right, that's why we've seen plenty of games looking better than ninja gaiden, conker, riddick and others... oops, there are none actually

I've just seen people saying that running a cps3 game via mame (so on pc) with a perfect framerate needs a high-end pc... I'm gonna try and find vids of street 3.3 emulated on xbox

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
NO NO NO

Power PC beats the X86 architecture hands down, why do you think the Gamecube is arguably considered equal to the XBOX? Wii beats the XBOX hands down, no exceptions.

Anyway, to answer the question, if it's possible on the XBOX it's possible on the Wii, it's just a matter of getting the code ported.

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kutsuce I don't know who told you emulating cps3 on a pc was difficult... I have an emulator running at perfect FPS on my crappy acer laptop. Gma950 with 512mb ram and 1.6 dual core processor (budget processor)

Im sure the wii could handle it if ported properly.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
kutsuce I don't know who told you emulating cps3 on a pc was difficult... I have an emulator running at perfect FPS on my crappy acer laptop. Gma950 with 512mb ram and 1.6 dual core processor (budget processor)

Im sure the wii could handle it if ported properly.

From what I've seen, not many are as lucky as you. Although I can't comment on anything because I'm on a relatively high end rig.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
wtf!? The Wii is obviously more powerful than the XBox.. you can see that easily just by looking at both systems hardware specifications..
tongue.gif

The Xbox can handle it.. so the Wii can handle it too.. but, someone would have to port it, which is not an easy task, specially because the CPS3Emulator code is not open :/

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm... I didn't know what ya'll were talking about at first but google'd it.

These games originally came to consoles on the Dreamcast.... I'm pretty sure the Wii would have no problem running them. Though maybe I'm missing something here.

It was also ported to the PS2.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
CockroachMan said:
wtf!? The Wii is obviously more powerful than the XBox.. you can see that easily just by looking at both systems hardware specifications..
tongue.gif

The Xbox can handle it.. so the Wii can handle it too.. but, someone would have to port it, which is not an easy task, specially because the CPS3Emulator code is not open :/

specs mean nothing, or ps2 would be more powerful than the gamecube :/

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
katsuce said:
CockroachMan said:
tongue.gif

specs mean nothing, or ps2 would be more powerful than the gamecube :/

Nope.. search for both systems specs on wikipedia.. gamecube has better CPU, GPU and more memory..

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ps2 was supposedly able to calculate more things in a second than gamecube, was also supposed to have better texturing, etc etc

what's written on paper does not determine what can be done

anyway, let's stop arguing about that
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)