Will Wad Manager not install a Wad if there's not enough space?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Trulen, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Trulen
    OP

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I searched a bit, and found nothing on the sort.

Just recently I found Wii Backup loader and WAD manager. It's been delightful.

But, I don't want to mess anything up with space.

So, in essence, will WAD manager detect if there's enough space to install a WAD?

2. MadBob

Member MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

United Kingdom
    No it gives you an error and the best thing you can do is use - to immediately uninstall that wad, or your wii will say memory full and you will have to uninstall something else via the Wii settings menu. I have done this several times it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    IT does install the .wad even if the memory is full, but you will still have to remove something from DATA MANAGEMENT....

4. Kaneda-Jones

Newcomer Kaneda-Jones Newbie

Canada
    My friend was just so happy to have the ability to install wads that he forgot to check to see what fit and what didnt on the freespace he had on his wiidrive, so the wad installer didnt know it was full but after it installed and booted back into the wii the wii complained of zero space - automaticaly dumping him to the wii file manager so he could free up space. so we uninstalled something small in the proper wii menu (copying to SD card for saftey), unintstalled other wads in the wad installer, reinstalled the one we half installed, then uninstalled it to make sure it was properly removed.

no problems