Hacking Will updating the browser via 3dsnus stop the nag or is a full 10.4 emunand update required?

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly what it says in the topic, can you just update the browser via 3dsnus to get past the browser update nag or does it check the system software version (including NATIVE_FIRM) as well?

And if so, couldn't you just download v4096 but spoof it to 65535?

Last edited by nl255,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exactly what it says in the topic, can you just update the browser via 3dsnus to get past the browser update nag or does it check the system software version (including NATIVE_FIRM) as well?

I believe update nag is occurs with every browser from 9.9 onwards. I think it's a server check, the only way to get rid of it is to restore a NAND backup from before you first got the message.

Then to prevent it from returning you'll need to use the tubehax DNS to block the server.

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe update nag is occurs with every browser from 9.9 onwards. I think it's a server check, the only way to get rid of it is to restore a NAND backup from before you first got the message.

Then to prevent it from returning you'll need to use the tubehax DNS to block the server.

No, what I mean is can you update just the browser to the latest browser version? That is, install the 10.4 browser on 10.3 CFW. Or does it check the full firmware version, not just the browser version.

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to why I'm on 10.4 and my console is still asking me to update??if I restart my 3ds it won't bother me untill the update nag pops back up? Whats going on?

wyntre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to why I'm on 10.4 and my console is still asking me to update??if I restart my 3ds it won't bother me untill the update nag pops back up? Whats going on?
did you downgrade your browser to be able to use spiderAR and browserhax?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, what I mean is can you update just the browser to the latest browser version? That is, install the 10.4 browser on 10.3 CFW. Or does it check the full firmware version, not just the browser version.
Okay, apparently I wasn't clear enough when I said "every browser from 9.8 onwards".

Yes, that includes the one installed with 10.4, and yes, you need to update your entire firmware to 10.4 not just the browser.

To summarise; Update your system to the latest version (10.4 at the moment) to prevent update nag, OR restore a pre-nag emuNAND backup and block the servers with tubehax.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't know, but I think downgrading the browser to 9.8 or lower would get rid of it.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know, but I think downgrading the browser to 9.8 or lower would get rid of it.
Unfortunately, from memory this not the case. When the nag appears it writes a file to NAND which triggers the update message even with a downgraded browser. This is why the only fix is to restore a pre-nag emuNAND backup and then enable the tubehax DNS.

This has been documented here on 3dbrew.

Last edited by Zidapi, , Reason: added 3dbrew link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipping
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipping