Misc Will Updating PES 11 Brick Wii?

dave18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I wanted to play PES 11 online but it said there was a game update and I had to download the update. Is it safe to update the game without bricking my wii, which was softmodded?

Thanks in advance!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will remove your softmods. don't update, install priiloader and enable block disc updates. or optionally update all of your ios.

probably not a brick risk, but it is unnecessary to update through the disc.

dave18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
it will remove your softmods. don't update, install priiloader and enable block disc updates. or optionally update all of your ios.

probably not a brick risk, but it is unnecessary to update through the disc.

Thanks, VashTS! If I don't update, can I still play online?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It all depends on whether it's an actual firmware update, or just a squad update.
From what I can make out of your post, you are already playing PES 2011 and you want to play it online now. So if it asks for an update when you try to go online, it's probably a squad update, meaning it will do no harm at all.

dave18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
It all depends on whether it's an actual firmware update, or just a squad update.
From what I can make out of your post, you are already playing PES 2011 and you want to play it online now. So if it asks for an update when you try to go online, it's probably a squad update, meaning it will do no harm at all.

That's right. I've been able to play it through USB Loader. Now I just want to play online and when I try to connect, it gives update notice. So can we be sure it's just a squad update?

Thanks, Satangel!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops my mistake. i didn't realize you said you wanted to go online.

as far as every prior wii game, updates from online are just that. there is no risk of bricking as it only adds a save file. harmless, even if for a different region. so yeah go ahead its fine, as long as you are not updating the system there is no risk. and if you are playing the game, then everything should be fine.

it may need the shop channel and corresponding ios updated. i know black ops had me do that.

dave18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
oops my mistake. i didn't realize you said you wanted to go online.

as far as every prior wii game, updates from online are just that. there is no risk of bricking as it only adds a save file. harmless, even if for a different region. so yeah go ahead its fine, as long as you are not updating the system there is no risk. and if you are playing the game, then everything should be fine.

it may need the shop channel and corresponding ios updated. i know black ops had me do that.

Thanks so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr