Will updating 5.3.2 to 5.5.1 with Homebrew already installed affect anything?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Svejk, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Svejk
    OP

Svejk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    This has probably been answered in other threads, but it seems I can't find a clear post that answers my concerns. I use 5.3.2 with Loadiine GX2, running the backups off an SD Card...

My question in OP, if I Enable my DNS to Automatic, will it just update to 5.5.1? (then I would disable again after update) Will that override the hack itself, or will it simply be on 5.5.1 with Homebrew and loadiine GX2 still installed? Will this kill or brick the system if Homebrew is installed already in anyway?

That being said, It is suggested to use the Brazilian method to install games. Is installing Wii U IOSU Exploit a new Firmware? I'm reading that installing a different CFW with another CFW installed already, will brick the system! IS this true?

In addition, using the Brazilian method, does anyone know if the backups can be installed on the SD Card instead of USB?

Please forgive the questions, but I'm being as cautious as possible. Yet, I really would liked to be prepped for BotW as much as possible.

Last edited by Svejk, Jan 18, 2017
  2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Homebrew on 5.3.2 is never "installed" its just on your sd card.

You can update normally after removing dns (make sure you do it again)

You'll only brick if your in mocha cfw while installing cbhc.

You don't install a new firmware with iosuhax. It just patches sigs and other things over the current firmware.

You can only use loadiine to play on sd.

3. Svejk
    OP

Svejk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Ok, so from what you're saying, I don't necessarily have a CFW installed; it's simply homebrew channel running off the SD Card? And what is CBHC exactly?

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    CBHC is coldboot haxchi . it loads haxchi upon boot up of the system. haxchi is a flaw with ds games that allows u to boot homebrew. u'll boot into cfw with it basically.

edit: boot into cfw from boot up of the system I mean. u can boot into cfw with haxchi, but coldboot haxchi does so from the beginning. be careful with it though.

I'm personally using redNAND. I have the space, and it's not really risky.

Last edited by godreborn, Jan 18, 2017
  6. Svejk
    OP

Svejk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Ah ok. So If I were only to use my SD Card, thus only want/need Loadiine GX2, is there any other reason to install CBHC, other than convenience factor and running VC games, eShop, etc? I don't play online either.

7. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Just update to 5.5.1. It is a fully hackable FW and it won't affect anything you have now.

8. Svejk
    OP

Svejk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Awesome. Thank you all for replying so promptly! I've been driving myself nuts today trying to update without jeopardizing what I already have!

9. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    That's alright. Enjoy CFW!