Will this sd card be fast enough to run xci files

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by rappa619, Aug 7, 2018.

1. rappa619
    OP

rappa619 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is 18.71 read and 15.41 write according to crystalmark

Attached Files:

2. freeza

freeza Advanced Member

May 4, 2008
    United States
    Any microsd is good enough. Its class rating is really for load times and transfers

Sent from my BKL-L04 using Tapatalk

Last edited by freeza, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Artwebb

Artwebb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    Canada
    It'll work fine.. Would I wanted to use it hell no, that's painfully slow writing and the load times would suck ass too. I'd go for atleast 50MB/sec

4. Rafael Esposito

Rafael Esposito Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Brazil
    Should work fine, I have a cheap one and the specs are similar. The loading times in BOTW is painful thou. So I installed the NSP version on internal memory.

5. mranonymous

mranonymous GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    As others have said, it will be incredibly slow. I had a card with a 45MB/s read speed, and it took over a minute just for Skyrim to get to the opening screen. Then another minute or so to load the save. Your card is 3 times slower than that, so it’ll be rough :(

If you can, grab something from Amazon or anywhere reputable with a read speed around 80-100MB/s. It’s only around $20 for 64GB.

Walmart even has a Sandisk Ultra 128GB on sale for like $24. It’s 80MB/S transfer speed. Not sure how much longer the sale will last, but that’s a great deal.

6. ichibaka

ichibaka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Write speed only matter much when you want to transfer huge files to your sd card, and with your card you'll be waiting hours.

7. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    That's really slow. You can run XCIs, but loading time in bigger games will be rough.

8. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    Well you add more than 2 seconds for loading time (+ the SX loader add more seconds) and some games need a minimun of 60Mbps of read speed.