Will this micro SD work?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ismaboof, Jul 29, 2007.

Jul 29, 2007

Will this micro SD work? by ismaboof at 9:14 PM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ismaboof
    OP

Newcomer ismaboof Advanced Member

Canada
  2. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hey that looks like the one i have....

go for it...2 gigs is a lot [​IMG]

3. ismaboof
    OP

Newcomer ismaboof Advanced Member

Canada
    I have about 1.5 gigs worth of crap to throw on it too
    [​IMG]

4. cyklo

Newcomer cyklo Member

United Kingdom
    Any decent microSD card will have 99.9% compatibility. If you really want the last .1% (Castlevania: PoR and Tony Hawk's Downhill) you'll be needing the Kingston 1GB Japan (look on dealextreme.com). Except for those couple of games, the brand of card doesn't really matter. I have a Sandisk UltraII 2Gb and it works just fine.

5. roboz

Member roboz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That card will work unless you want to use it to play PoR or Downhill Jam, then the speed of the game will slowdown or crash. Other than that the card should be perfect for playing other games, if you are going to play one of those two games then it is better to buy a japanese version so you wont have any problems with the games

6. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States

how about a jap 2 gig micro sd?

7. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    It will handle PoR a little better than standard MSD's, but will still (likely) freeze at the usual places. THDJ lags on all cards, though.

8. philco1

Member philco1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The best card to buy is the 1 gb Kingston JAP made card b/c it uses toshiba controllers. The 2 gb Kingston JAP should also have these controllers but since the size is larger the seek time (read/write) is longer and if u make the DS do tones of operations (press start multiple times really fast etc.) it will freeze on games. Note that the Taiwan cards do not use Toshiba controllers and this is why they Suxorz.

9. MUBK

Newcomer MUBK Member

Canada
    Hey! A sale! YES!
    I might get one of these XD.

10. philco1

Member philco1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Make sure that when you to futureshop you actually look at the card to confirm that it is made in Japan. Future shop cards are mixed and some are jap and some are taiwan. I searched at best buy and it seems that they only have taiwan cards. The Futureshop sale is on for about 2 weeks I think.

11. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know your in canada, but i bought kingston 2gb u-SD from www.newegg.com and it was made in japan, only cost 25$ shipped!!

It has worked great, i also picked up a patriot 1gb u-SD from newegg and both have played C:POR, and TH:DJ with no issues or slowdowns! So i'd recommend either card for a R4DS

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I just received one of these Kingston 2gig microSD's (Japan) today. I played PoR for about a half hour trying to make it crash....it didn't. Seems like a good card to me. I didn't try Tony Hawk....not my type of game.

My old transcend crashes in PoR almost instantly, but runs everything else fine. I think you'll be good with the Kingston.