Hacking Will this guide help for every softbrick Switch to restore to stock?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I softbicked my Switch completely, I deleted my Nand accidently.
My question is will this guide help for every hardware functioning unpatched Switch to restore the System to stock, or is there any condition.
I know my hardware is correct because I can run android.
Have you made any experience with guides like this?

Link to Video

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That requires a NAND backup which you probably don't have.
I think I saw a guide the other day that doesn't require a NAND backup.
I have to ask, how on Earth do you accidentally delete the NAND?
The guide i saw doesn't 100% restore to stock. You can't boot OFW, and you can't go online. There's probably no way to fix online sadly. Being able to boot OFW with a donor NAND is something that can probably be fixed (just nobody has figured out the steps required yet), not that it's that important since online wouldn't work anyway.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do anyone know if the prodkeys or BOOT-Files can change?
Cause i made a backup of them 1,5 years ago, the time as the system worked.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do anyone know if the prodkeys or BOOT-Files can change?
Cause i made a backup of them 1,5 years ago, the time as the system worked.
They do change, but they aren't that important, most of the data is not console unique and most of it can be dumped without a NAND anyways. The only thing you need from your own NAND in order to restore a fully working Switch is a PRODINFO backup. It contains the unique IDs/keys needed for online use. Everything else can be obtained from another Switch, dumped without a NAND, or generated. Without a PRODINFO backup then as I said you can still make a working NAND again but without online support.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They do change, but they aren't that important, most of the data is not console unique and most of it can be dumped without a NAND anyways. The only thing you need from your own NAND in order to restore a fully working Switch is a PRODINFO backup. It contains the unique IDs/keys needed for online use. Everything else can be obtained from another Switch, dumped without a NAND, or generated. Without a PRODINFO backup then as I said you can still make a working NAND again but without online support.
Thank you very much for your awnser, can I use my Prod.Keys from Spring 2020 (my old original Nand)?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you very much for your awnser, can I use my Prod.Keys from Spring 2020 (my old original Nand)?
Yes. The only thing that changes is extra keys are added with new FW (but they aren't console unique and you can find them online), the keys might be needed to build a NAND with newer FW than what you had on the console already but if you build the same FW version they aren't needed.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's been figured out, sorta.
However you always need Atmosphere to boot, since it does the magic. So you can never go 100% OFW.
Yes, that was my point. Supposedly it's possible to re-encrypt everything correctly so that it's possible to boot a donor NAND into OFW. But that's just speculation though, nobody's actually done it.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am now in a tutorial where I have to use memloaderv3, I dropped the files to my Switch, started the payload and selected “ums_boot0.ini” but BalenaEtcher doesn’t show my Switch.
Should I have to install any drivers?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's the one I posted.
I switched the system into RCM-Mode and installed the driver with Zadig like this.

I started MemLoader and selected BOOT0.
Now BaleaEtcher doesn’t show me the Switch but if I connect and disconnect the Console, Windows brings now the typical USB-connect/disconnect sound. It seems like Windows notice a device but not BalenaEtcher.
What die I wrong, the picture shows which driver I installed?
Is it may the wrong diver?
Unbenannt.PNG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse