Hacking Will this flashcard work on a DSi with 1.4.5U firmware?

Michael85225

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a DSi from eBay hoping to use my old Acekard2i but it's updated to 1.4.5U and won't work so I did a quick search on Google and found this flashcard on newegg but I need to know if it will work on my DSi before I buy it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-27-03-57-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-27-03-57-21.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 173

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a DSi from eBay hoping to use my old Acekard2i but it's updated to 1.4.5U and won't work so I did a quick search on Google and found this flashcard on newegg but I need to know if it will work on my DSi before I buy it.
It should work – but is not the best flashcart. The official software has a timebomb (stops working at some point in 2024).

You could make your DSi accept the Acekard 2i once again by installing custom firmware on the console.
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Edit: For disabling the whitelist check only unlaunch is required – though installing HiyaCFW and TWiLight Menu++ is also nice (DS games without any flashcart).
Note that unlaunch disables the Health and Safety warning and any sound/music in the official launcher. These patches cannot be turned off. Some people dislike this.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Michael85225

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather just use a flashcard than install custom firmware. I think the time bomb can be fixed by rolling back the date on the DSi, am I correct? Besides I'll probably just buy a more expensive one in the future. So the flashcard above will work with 1.4.5U, that's good to know thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: