GCN Will this Action Replay disk have SD Media Launcher capabilities?

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that later versions of the AR products both support SD Media Launcher. Would this one here allow this? Trying to save a step since I don't have an older Wii for the BMX HAX exploit, even if much cheaper.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i remember correctly, there was a action replay code that could boot a .dol off a gamecube mem card. hardest part would be placing the .dol on a gc mem card. you would have to use a hacked wii.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I read somewhere that later versions of the AR products both support SD Media Launcher. Would this one here allow this? Trying to save a step since I don't have an older Wii for the BMX HAX exploit, even if much cheaper.
See top (positive) Amazon review for the product.

If you have any of the games mentioned here: https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew using a RVL-001 Wii for putting the exploit on the memory card is a good and cheap way. It could even be possible without modification on the Wii NAND by using ModMii (Abstinence Wizard) – useful when using a friend's Wii (if the friend is against modding).

Note that Datel / codejunkies.com still sells the SD Media Launcher with SD-Gecko on their own shop – shipping to the USA could be expensive though.

Last option is a XenoGC modchip. They are very cheap, but previous soldering experience is required.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The 2003 Action Replay lets you enter codes. But it doesn't have built-in SD support. (an exploit exists)

SD Media Launcher was originally sold separately. Later on they were merged or something.
As a matter of fact the revised version sold now, says it includes an Action Replay disc.

You might be out of luck if your Gamecube is Japanese or Korean. Looks like Datel no longer sells the NTSC-J editions.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
if you get the one that says wii/gc you dont need to use SD load, as AR will act just like SD media launcher when a fat16 is inserted

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P