Gaming Will these be compatible with my motherboard?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1GB Ram Stick

500w Power Supply

My motherboard is an MSI 785GM-E51. I got that along with an AMD Athlon II 2x 250 Regor 3.0 ghz (According to my friend anyway) for only $100 since they were just sitting in his closet so he wanted to get rid of them.

I'm thinking of only getting 1GB of ram for now and the following 3GBs later due to my low budget, since I still need to buy a new case, a new HDD, and a power supply. So my question is, will the ram stick and power supply that I've linked to work with my motherboard?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at the information for your motherboard.

(google info of your motherboard)
"DDR2 Memory N/A
DDR3 Memory DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*(OC)
Memory Channel Dual
Max Memory (GB) 16"

So as long as you don't already have 16 GB of RAM and you have a slot open you should be ok. Also notice that the memory is DDR3 1333, and so is the RAM. So you're good there.

As for the power supply it depends on your case. Make sure that the power supply will fit in your case. It should also work with your motherboard because they're both ATX, and the fact that the pictures show that they use the same connectors (the site where I got your motherboard information didn't give too many specifics on it, so I had to use pictures).

Honestly, though, if you can't figure this out yourself I would not suggest installing the power supply by yourself. Get a friend/parent/teacher who knows how to do it.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know too much about power supplies other than having to have enough power to run everything on your mobo and processor, but thanks for the reply. I actually don't have a case for my computer yet (I do have a temp case, but I can't connect the board to the frontend buttons), but I'll be sure to keep that bit of info about the size of the case noted.

Uncout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Case size shouldn't matter too much, if you get a standard size case, it should fit no problem, i'm fairly sure most computer components are made to only be a small number of sizes, and it's usually pretty obvious which one's which

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.