Will there ever be mod for PS3

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They usually come as quickly as there is a desire for a method. So with the PS3? There may never be a method. There was apparently an ISO loader by paradox but they probably didn't think that anyone had a PS3 to use it on.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Umm there's a mod... But it can't play PS3 backups, only PS2/PS1 backups and it only works on the 80,60 or 20GB PS3's. And BTW a mod doesn't necessarily mean it will use discs. The PS3 has Hard drives remember, and not all games are as big as sony makes it seem.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Umm there's a mod... But it can't play PS3 backups, only PS2/PS1 backups and it only works on the 80,60 or 20GB PS3's. And BTW a mod doesn't necessarily mean it will use discs. The PS3 has Hard drives remember, and not all games are as big as sony makes it seem.
I dont think that it will possible to play games from the Harddrive, look at the 360...

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eventually but blank media are expensive and the games are large, so that kinda outweighs buying media or hard drive space to pirate games for it.

just stick with xbox360, it has more games than ps3 anyways.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Discs aint that bad , 25GB verbatim blue ray =£10 , still better than £40 for original. Size of games isn't that bad either , not all of them are massive as some make out , and even a full 25GB wouldn't take that long for a decent connection. I'm only on 8Mb and it would take less than 10 hours (unless I messed up somewhere) and that isn't even a top connection , there is plenty of people here with 10+mb connections and even 20mb connections.

Maybe couple of years ago size and discs would of been prob , but not now , unless your still stuck on some crap low speed connection.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Infectus modchip can be installed in a PS3. I'm not totally sure what it can do, but I DO know it does something. XD

I don't honestly see a dedicated modchip for the PS3 anywhere in the near future. There simply isn't enough need for them yet. The only reason the Infectus can control a PS3 is because it is a universal modchip (it could control your toaster if it really wanted to XD).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Infectus lets your read back and reflash the NAND chips that stow the firmware. As with PSP and it's firmware I'd expect a soft mod long before any, what is normally and incorrectly termed, mod chip.

I also recall when dual layer writeable DVD's were in the $20 range and burners that were capable were above $500... times change and as the market starts picking up such products blanks become less costly.

Probably can thank the 360 drive hacks for DVD-9's coming down from $10 a pop in the last couple years, never mind the simple fact that 360 sales (to both those who'd hack the drive as well as out of warranty replacement units) increased giving developers the illusion that there would be more people buying games for the console... but that' another discussion entirely.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More != better, but more games = more options so a wider selection of people can enjoy the console. Plus, it is a fact that there are more hits on the 360 than PS3 for the simple reason that there are more games (based on sales).

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the PS3 is ever modded its going to have to be a similar method to the 360 or Wii, a drive flash or chip. If its an illegal bios, Sony will be able to detect it as soon as you go online.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
More != better, but more games = more options so a wider selection of people can enjoy the console. Plus, it is a fact that there are more hits on the 360 than PS3 for the simple reason that there are more games (based on sales).

Obviously it has titles that sold more than PS3 titles. The PS3 has sold half the amount of the Xbox 360... But then again hasn't the Xbox 360 been out for 2 years? It's obvious it would sell more on the console that sold more. Look at the PS2 and the Xbox. Multi platform titles ALWAYS sold more on the PS2 vs the Xbox. Same this gen except it changed position because Microsoft rushed out an unfinished console. It was only finished completely AFTER the PS3/Wii launch since only in around October (November?) that they added the new CPU, Heatsink, etc.. That should of been there in the first place.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^ Want to bet how many posts until they start a full fledged flamewar?
grog.gif
I have my money on three.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
More != better, but more games = more options so a wider selection of people can enjoy the console.  Plus, it is a fact that there are more hits on the 360 than PS3 for the simple reason that there are more games (based on sales).

Obviously it has titles that sold more than PS3 titles. The PS3 has sold half the amount of the Xbox 360... But then again hasn't the Xbox 360 been out for 2 years? It's obvious it would sell more on the console that sold more. Look at the PS2 and the Xbox. Multi platform titles ALWAYS sold more on the PS2 vs the Xbox. Same this gen except it changed position because Microsoft rushed out an unfinished console. It was only finished completely AFTER the PS3/Wii launch since only in around October (November?) that they added the new CPU, Heatsink, etc.. That should of been there in the first place.
A few FACTS from Gamerankings:

The 360 has 12 games with an average higher than 9
The 360 has 29 games with an average higher than 8.5

De PS 3 has (only) 2 games with an average higher than 9 (these are multiplatform, CoD 4 and Oblivion)
De PS 3 has 11 games with an average higher than 8.5

De Wii has 3 games with an average higher than 9. (Including SMG with a 9.7, good work Nintendo!
bow.gif
)
De Wii has 7 games with an average higher than 8.5

So don't ever say that the games library of the PS3 comes even close.
I agree on you with the failure rate on the Xbox 360, but as i have an Elite it is not realy something i have to worry about.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
More != better, but more games = more options so a wider selection of people can enjoy the console. Plus, it is a fact that there are more hits on the 360 than PS3 for the simple reason that there are more games (based on sales).

A few FACTS from Gamerankings:

The 360 has 12 games with an average higher than 9
The 360 has 29 games with an average higher than 8.5

De PS 3 has (only) 2 games with an average higher than 9 (these are multiplatform, CoD 4 and Oblivion)
De PS 3 has 11 games with an average higher than 8.5

De Wii has 3 games with an average higher than 9. (Including SMG with a 9.7, good work Nintendo!
bow.gif
)
De Wii has 7 games with an average higher than 8.5

So don't ever say that the games library of the PS3 comes even close.
I agree on you with the failure rate on the Xbox 360, but as i have an Elite it is not realy something i have to worry about.

Where did I say the PS3 has the same library of games? And considering the PS3 has been out half the Time it's pretty darn good. And you know the Elite still suffers from the RROD problem. Exact same thing as other 360's except it is a black matte and has a 120GB HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal