Hacking Will there ever be a way to use the perks of using Dolphin on Wii U (button mappings, texture packs)

MrStrawberries

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Apologies in advance for the dumbass question. The reason I ask is because I think it would be cool to use controllers for games like Super Mario Galaxy (I do not want to use the Wiichuk, I do not have two hands) but to my knowledge button remapping isn't a thing, and HID->VPAD seems to only be a Wii U mode thing. If there was a way for Wii/GC games to run via Wii U mode, it could be feasible to do things like this, and perhaps even utilization of texture packs. However, I am not a developer, and I do not know if this would even be remotely feasible. Could this happen? Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Apologies in advance for the dumbass question. The reason I ask is because I think it would be cool to use controllers for games like Super Mario Galaxy (I do not want to use the Wiichuk, I do not have two hands) but to my knowledge button remapping isn't a thing, and HID->VPAD seems to only be a Wii U mode thing. If there was a way for Wii/GC games to run via Wii U mode, it could be feasible to do things like this, and perhaps even utilization of texture packs. However, I am not a developer, and I do not know if this would even be remotely feasible. Could this happen? Thanks in advance.
Never can happen emulating a system on the that system will not ever be a good thing

D

Deleted User

Someone made a homebrew app to use a Gamecube controller on Wii games on an actual Wii I believe. AFAIK It doesn't work on Wii U at least yet, or maybe it never will. And it doesn't allow for other controllers like hidtovpad.

Wii is just a totally different format from the norm and it seems for the most part it's been very difficult allowing you to mimick the wiimote with controllers on an actual system, especially Wii U.

I've tried it on Dolphin and abandoned it it just wasn't very good using a controller as wiimote as the wiimote is a pointer and it just doesn't work well to emulate that as an analog stick. May be why it was never done on Wii U or just difficult to implement not sure.

Last edited by ,

MrStrawberries

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never can happen emulating a system on the that system will not ever be a good thing
It doesn't have to be emulation. Nintendont on Wii ran GameCube games in Wii mode without emulation.

Someone made a homebrew app to use a Gamecube controller on Wii games on an actual Wii I believe. AFAIK It doesn't work on Wii U at least yet, or maybe it never will. And it doesn't allow for other controllers like hidtovpad.

Wii is just a totally different format from the norm and it seems for the most part it's been very difficult allowing you to mimick the wiimote with controllers on an actual system, especially Wii U.

I've tried it on Dolphin and abandoned it it just wasn't very good using a controller as wiimote as the wiimote is a pointer and it just doesn't work well to emulate that as an analog stick. May be why it was never done on Wii U or just difficult to implement not sure.

That's surprising. Come to think of it, the TeconKnight VC injector for Wii and Gamecube allowed the GamePad to emulate the Wii Remote (but not the Wiichuk, I don't know if that's impossible or what). I wonder if something similar could ever be implimented for other controllers, along with nunchuk emulation. Also, what do you mean by using GC controllers on Wii games on a Wii? Some games like SSBB allow that normally, but do you mean for Wii games that use the Wii Remote?

D

Deleted User

Someone made a homebrew that lets you use ANY Wii game with a Gamecube controller, Wii only doesn't work on Wii U.

But you need to forget about any new homebrew like improving TeconMoon (not Knight) The WIi U has been dead for several years now and new homebrew apps are few and far between. 95%+ of devs focus on Switch.

MrStrawberries

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone made a homebrew that lets you use ANY Wii game with a Gamecube controller, Wii only doesn't work on Wii U.

But you need to forget about any new homebrew like improving TeconMoon (not Knight) The WIi U has been dead for several years now and new homebrew apps are few and far between. 95%+ of devs focus on Switch.
Well that sucks, didn't know how inactive this scene is. Thanks tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup